Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

We just stayed with our lips touching; none of us moved a bit. I closed my eyes and felt him doing the same.
Then we both started kissing, really softly. It wasn't one of those passionate; thirsty kisses. It was just a simple kiss that exactly defined my feelings for him right now. It was definitely more than just attraction now. That kiss seemed to clear all the doubts I had about it. It was a lingering kiss.

We didn't stop...until we were breathless.

We pulled away and slowly but harshly breathed against each other's mouths.

My eyes were still closed. I was afraid to open them and see the expressions on his face. I was scared that... What if he didn't feel what I did? What if he is just still attracted?
Because I was feeling way more than that.

I was slowly gathering courage while breathing to open my eyes when I heard his husky voice  filled with those emotions which I just wanted to hear.

"I will never be able to forget this kiss..." He said while brushing his nose to mine.

Me too, I wanted to say.

I opened my gray eyes to meet his brown and stared in them for a long time. They told me they needed me in the same way. That they wanted me in the same way.

I smiled; blushingly.

"Your smile is lovely, but it has a pinch of sadness, June. What are you thinking?" He asked; caressing my cheek with his knuckles.

"I was thinking how much I..." I trailed off; not knowing what to say next.
"Wanted you." I completed after thinking about it.

"Well, you have me.." He grinned and hugged me.

I hugged him back; not understanding what he actually meant.

After few minutes, we decided to leave. We had to sneak in the house again now. I had no idea how would I do that. And he? Well he was a monkey.

Somehow we managed to not break any of our bones and sneak inside the house again.
I showered and changed in my uniform. I was feeling really different today.

Was it because my V-card was gone now?

I didn't know.

I came out of the closet and saw Zayd ready too. He didn't shower. He was too lazy...and dirty.

I made faces at him while combing my hair and braiding them into fish tails. He was standing behind me in the mirror bathing in his body spray and setting his one and only love - his hair!

We both when looked presentable enough, we walked down. I had bags under my eyes due to yesterday night's adventure of staying up and also a heavy headache. But I hid it well with little makeup and took a pill for my heavy head.

At the breakfast counter, we saw mom making omelettes. We both only grinned after seeing today was our favorite breakfast.
Actually, everything that was considered food was our favorite.
But omelettes, they were always our first favorites.

While having breakfast, Zayd announced to mom that his parents were shifting back. Apparently, their business had a branch here which they wanted to develop and so they both decided to head back. He said it with so much sarcasm that I knew he was feeling hurt that their real reason to shift here was the business and not him.

I felt bad for him but I knew he needed to get over it by himself. So I didn't push.

We left for school just on time and immediately, ran to our lockers.
His' was three lockers away from mine, so we were still together.