It was true, Haven really did feel that way. It wasn't even when she felt a certain emotion, although she did desperately want to come to Jacob when she needed some type of comfort, Haven just felt like she needed to be around Jacob, like he was the only person that fully understood her.

Jacob sighed, knowing that he was going to have to tell Haven everything. He would have told her sooner, every time he was around her he felt the need to tell her but the only thing that stopped him was his fear. Jacob was scared that knowing about the imprint would make Haven hesitant towards him, he was scared that he would lose her and that was something that Jacob didn't even want to think about.

Jacob knew it was a massive thing to know. He knew that being told that you are made for a person, that you were the perfect fit together wasn't something that people usually knew when they both still attended high school. He didn't want to scare Haven off and he was scared that telling her about the imprint might do just that.

"I should have told you sooner, like when you found out about us werewolves but I couldn't lose you." Jacob admitted, his voice cracked slightly knowing that the possibility of Haven getting angry about him keeping it a secret, also the possibility that she might find the imprinting too much.

Haven sat up in the white sheet covered bed, her brows furrowed, "Why would you lose me? I'm not going anywhere, Jacob."

Following her lead, Jacob too sat up. He rubbed his hand over his face, not sure how to say what he wanted to, "It's a wolf thing, they call it imprinting."

"That sounds slightly frightening." Haven joked lightly, she could sense the nervousness and reluctance all over Jacob.

"It's an involuntary thing, it basically means that you find the person that you would protect with your whole life. A wolf is bound to them for as long as they live."

Haven's mind jumped to all kinds of conclusions regarding her and Jacob, "Did you..."

Jacob's head nodded, "Yeah, I imprinted on you that day that you shouted at me because of what I said to Bella." He kept his eyes locked on Haven's chocolate colored ones, trying to see her reaction to what he was saying.

"What does it mean for us? What does it mean for me?" Haven talked lightly now, not quite fully understanding what the whole imprinting thing meant, especially what it meant about her and her feelings.

"It's kind of like a soulmate. Each wolf only does it to one person and its supposed to be with the person who is the best fit for you. It doesn't necessarily mean a romance thing, it means that I would be whatever you wanted me to be whether that means a protector, a friend or something more." Jacob watched as Haven's eyes showed that everything was beginning to make sense.

"Kind of like an other half." She said simply, thinking about how she felt when Jacob was around. Haven felt complete, like everything was falling right into place. Jacob was always the first person that Haven wanted to tell everything to, no matter what it was.

Jacob nodded his head with a smile, he could just see by looking at Haven that she wasn't mad about what he just said. She looked like she finally understood, like the feelings she had been having finally meant something and made sense.

"Is that why I have felt drawn to you ever since that day?" Haven said before quickly feeling like she had to correct herself, "I mean, I have always felt something for you even before the whole imprint thing but it seems like everything has been amplified since then."

That was the only word that Haven could think to explain how her feelings were now; amplified. She had felt something for Jacob prior to him being a werewolf, but now it seemed like those feelings had been magnified by a thousand. It wasn't that she needed him, it was that she felt so much stronger when he was by her side.