The Fighter in You

My mom and I stood there hugging for around 10 minutes and when she pulled away I could clearly see the tear streaks that mark her cheeks.

“I thought you died?” My mom said as she ushered me inside.

“So, do a lot of people.” I chuckled as I set my bag down in the hall and kicked my shoes off.

“What happened?” My mother asked as she walked into the kitchen, me following close behind.

“Well I went into cardiac arrest and I died for 12 straight hours, but somehow I came back to life.” I said as I sat down on one of the stools that sat under the counter.

“Well I am glad you are alive, but why aren't you with Louis?” She asked as she started to make a cup of tea.

“Well that's why I'm here,” I said as my mom nodded urging me to go on, “I just want some time to think, clear my mind before I go back. Louis still thinks I am dead, but honestly so does the whole world and I want to keep it that way.” I explained as I fiddled with my fingers.

“Well you are welcome to stay as long as she want.” My mom said as she poured the hot water into two cups and handing me one. I slurped on the hot liquid as it warmed my throat with every sip. When I was done I set my cup in the sink and headed upstairs to the guest room. Lottie is 21 and goes to college so I don't have to really deal with her, the twins are in school right now and should be home in about an hour or two and as for Fizzy, she's 19 and still lives around the house, but I guess she's out for the day.

I placed my bag on the floor and plopped down on the bed immediately curling up into the pillow. Darkness soon over took me as my breathing became steady and my mind was at ease.

Louis' POV:

I was up the rest of the night pacing around the house, just trying to think. Why would Parker not come home? I just don't get it. My mind was literally jumbled with thoughts and feelings as I rest my hands on the counter looking out the window that let you have a clear view of the backyard. The tree house came into view and I was instantly curious. No one has been up there except Parker and I wanted to see what was up there and before I could do anything my feet were carrying me towards the glass sliding door that led to the backyard.

Standing mere inches below the tree house, I look up shielding my eyes from the ferocious sun. I find the latter quickly and begin to climb, the latch on the door was not locked so I opened it with ease. Climbing into the tree house was almost mesmerizing. White Christmas lights hung from the walls and with the flick of the light switch illuminated them all. Pictures hung on the walls. Niall, Leah, Hunter, Me, Harry, Liam, Zayn, Eleanor, Danielle, Perrie, and even Jay, my mom. Each picture had a caption under it with small handwriting that I had to go up close to see. Under Niall's name was:

“When I first met you, I found it hilarious of how you thought I should eat more food. I love your carefree personality and your shining blue eyes could light up the whole sky in a time of darkness. Niall, all I want to say is your amazing, and I want you to never stop living your dream. Yours truly, Parker:)”

May of them were like this reliving memories and saying things like keep your head high, but when I got to mine I couldn't help but notice it was much longer than the rest.

“Louis, my brother, my savior, I want to thank you for taking me in, for helping me in a time of need, for adoring me no one else has. When we first met you were sassy and snotty, I could tell with the look of disgust on your face when you saw what clothes I wore. We have had our up and downs, but that doesn't stop us from being who we are and that's stubborn. Did I ever tell you that you are also a fighter. I can see it in your eyes when you get angry, they do the same thing mine do, turn from a bright blue to a darkening gray. I never told you because you simply wouldn't take me serious and training is hard work. You know when I wrote all of these things on the wall I was saving you for last because I thought you were special, one of a kind. I know that one day when I die or just simply leave you will find these and I suspect you did since you are reading this, but I just want you to know that if I ever die, you must find me. Find the fighter in you and take my will, my power and use my strength to push you through. But you know you can't get rid of me that easily, I'm still alive you just got to catch me. Your Fighter, Parker ;)”