Auditions

“Uh Josh, why are we at the X-factor auditions?” I asked stepping out of the car.

“Because you're talented and you should be famous.” Josh said getting out also. I heard a few guys in line whistle as I walked by, men. I rolled my eyes and followed Josh to the audition booth.

“Hello, what's your name?” The lady asked sounding bored.

“Uh Parker Tomlinson.” I said scratching the back of my neck. The lady's head snapped up at my name and her eyes widened.

“Parker, they have been waiting for you. Go through those doors and Simon will be there to greet you.” The lady smiled at me. I nodded as Josh pulled me along heading towards the doors she told us to go to. Once we stepped inside I felt nervous. We weaved in and out of people who were bustling about trying to get things set up.

“Parker?” I heard that all to familiar voice. I turned around only to be met with the one and only Simon Cowell.

“Uncle Simon!” I yelled running over to him and giving him a big hug.

“Parker, look how much you've grown since I've seen you last.” Simon chuckled making me twirl in my dress so he could get a good look at me.

“Well that's what puberty does to you.” I giggled as he stopped twirling me.

“I guess so, just look at the boys.” Simon said and we both burst out laughing.

“So is someone going to tell me why I am here?” I asked raising an eyebrow at both Josh and Simon.

“Well your auditioning for the X-factor silly.” Josh said playfully swatting me.

“Well, duh but why, when I can just ask Simon to record a song for me and bam I have my songs.” I said stating the obvious.

“Well that's true but then you would be living off the boy's fame not your own, darling.” Simon said.

“Well whatever when do I go on?” I asked feeling very impatient.

“You're contestant number 16, so it won't be that long.” Josh said handing me my number to tape to my dress.

“Thank god.” I sighed taping the sticker to my chest.

“Well I got to go guys, it's starting and good luck Parker I know you can win this.” Simon said giving me a wink before walking off to his judges chair. I sighed. What song am I gonna sing?

“Josh, what am I going to sing?” I nearly yelled running my hands through my hair. Josh pulled out my song book from his back pocket with a smirk on his face.

“Can I sing my own songs?” I asked with wide eyes.

“Yes.” Josh chuckled handing me my song book. I immediately started looking for a song to sing.

When the sun goes down? Nah to upbeat for the first song.

That's more like it? No still not right. My Dilemma? No. Tell me something I don't know? No. Wait I got it. Hit the lights!

“Okay Josh I got it.” I said jumping up and down.

“Okay what is it?” Josh said in a girly voice. I slapped him on the arm.

“Hit the lights. I think it's perfect.” I said with a big smile on my face.

It was soon my turn to go on I was so nervous. Josh grabbed an electric guitar for me and he set up on the drums.

“Contestant 16 please come on.” Said Louis through the microphone. I sighed and walked out onto stage. “Hello, and what's your name?” Louis asked.