Hospitalization

Waking up in a hospital was the last thing I expected to happen with me. Weeks of waiting left me hopeless and I pictured myself dying in the high flames of the warehouse.

"She's waking up," a voice said.

I opened my eyes but I kept on blinking because I didn't see a blinding hospital light or a nurse or anyone who that voice might've belonged to.

"Can someone turn on the lights?" I asked with my croaky voice.

"What do you mean?"

I recognized the voice it was my mother. It was so nice to hear her but I was longing to see her.

"I said can you turn on the lights, please," I repeated.

"Go find a nurse or doctor," I heard her say.

"What's going on?"

"Sophia, the lights are already on and they are very bright."

That was Katilyn. I wished she was joking but why would everyone stand in the dark.

The silence that followed almost made me believe that I was alone in the room but I wasn't because I heard the shuffling of feet exiting the room.

"Um... She hasn't been seen for awhile,"my mother said in a suspicious tone but I let it go.

I had a hunch that something was wrong but I was way too stressed out to even think about.

The sound of more people entering the room and the small tone of a walkie-talkie occurred making me aware of the police.

"Is the victim?" an officer said.

I cringed at the word 'victim' but it was true. I was victimized to the point that I was temporarily blind.

For the next 30 minutes, I talked to the officers and recalled every moment of my disappearance. There were moments were I just stopped because the memories were still fresh. They insisted on putting this off for another day but I just wanted to vent. It felt like forever since I had a conversation with someone who actually cared about how I felt.

There was one question I never answered:

"Who did this?" The officer repeated for the fifth time in the conversation.

And every time he asked that I would just avert the topic. I was still in disbelief that some high schooler that I grew up with (even though we never really liked each other) had the capability of making my life a literal hell. I was afraid of saying her name and her appearing.

"Ok, well with the information that we gathered we will try to figure this out. Also, there was a young man that we caught trying to come back to the crime scene."

The first person that came to my mind was Erin. He could've just continued running but it warmed my heart to know that he came back and tried to help me.

"I think I know who it might be, he was trying to help me escape them."

"Escape who?" The officer questioned again.

"Can't you see you're making her uncomfortable. Just leave, please." My dad finally said.

I smiled appreciatively at my father's request. He was right, I was uncomfortable when it came to plunging myself back into my memories and letting them free.