Study Date

Chapter 15:

As soon as I got in my house, I went straight to my room to clean it so that Alex wouldn't think I was a total slob. My parents and Katilyn weren't home and wouldn't be until 6:00 p.m.

While I was cleaning I popped in a Pierce the Veil cd in my radio and danced along to the song 'Disasterology'. Then, I went downstairs and grabbed a can of soda from the fridge. I went to change into a pair of sweatpants, a black t-shirt, and a pair of converse.

I started working on the project until the doorbell rang. I checked my watch and groaned. It was 4:30. I ran downstairs and stumbled on the way. I opened the door and there stood Alex wearing a plain dark gray t-shirt and black jeans and a arrogant smile to match.

"Hey, come in." I said.

He walked in and remained strangely silent.

"I figured we could work on the project upstairs in my room."

I walked up the stairs and led him to my room.

"Wow, nice room," he commented.

My room was painted red and I had my pictures hanging on the ceiling. My carpet was completely white and I had 2 black rugs: one in front of the bathroom and another in front of the room's door. I had a black bookcase filled with some of my favorite books and plenty of CDs from my favorite bands. My vanity mirror was against the wall and my bed was black with red blankets. I had a small desk where my laptop rested upon and did my homework. I thought my room was just plainly simple.

"You could sit there," I said as I pointed to the desk's chair.

He sat down facing me and then he began to talk, "So what do you want to start on."

"We can get started on the poster. I already started on the report and it will be done soon."

"Ok, let's get started."

I disappeared in my walk in closet for the materials for the poster. I grabbed some poster paper, glitter glue, markers, and color pencils.

"Can you help me with this," I said still standing deep in my closet.

He entered the closet and grabbed some of the things from my hands. As his fingertips touched my palm, I felt a surge of butterflies dance in my stomach. I ignored the feeling and followed him out of my closet.

We sent the materials on the bed and began to work on it. After debating over who had better handwriting (which I lost sadly), I passed Alex a few fun facts and information on Leonardo Da Vinci and he neatly wrote down every single detail I passed him.

"Hey, do you want to take a break?" Alex asked.

"Hmm...Sure, what do you want to do?"

"Want to go out to eat?"