Presentation

Chapter 22:

*Sophia's POV*

Finally, it's last period and Alex and I have to present our project. After Alex left the night before, I finished up the project to make it look decent for our presentation.

I was sitting alone and the seat where Alex is supposed to be was vacant. Crap. I should've known that he  

wouldn't have shown up to class.

"Ms.Jenkins?" Mrs. Montgomery said pulling me out of my daze.

"Yes, Mrs. Montgomery?"

"Where is your partner?"

I bit my lip and said, "I have no idea."

"Then your going to have to present your project alone so that you can at least get some credit."

Great' I thought sarcastically. 'I'm totally going to kill Alex for this.' 

I grabbed the poster and the report we typed up and headed to the front of the classroom. Everyone was still talking amongst themselves about god knows what. 

Mrs. Montgomery silenced the class and began to speak.

"Ok, settle down everyone. To start off today's presentations Sophia will begin."

The class was quiet and then all eyes were on me. I felt nervous and I tried to speak but the words were caught in my throat.

"Any day now," I heard someone say from the back the room. The class erupted in laughter which caused my nervousness to intensify to 50%.

"Umm...I-I..our...I mean my project is...about...uh"

All of sudden, Alex burst through the door and handed Mrs. Montgomery a late slip.

"Perhaps you would like to assist Ms. Jenkins in the presentation, Mr. Dawson."

"With pleasure," he said with a sly smile on his face.

I rolled my eyes and he came up and stood next to me. I held up the poster for the class to see. There was a chorus of 'wows' and 'cool' going throughout the class room when I revealed the poster.

"Ok, so our project is about the famous Leonardo Da Vinci. He was an inventor and a great artist...."

For the rest of the presentation Alex spoke while I just stood there and pointed at a few pictures when Alex motioned for me to do so. Alex sounded so intellectual and perfect as he presented all of our hard work.

At the end of our presentation (which took about 6 minutes of class), we left our poster at Mrs. Montgomery'a desk and went back to our seats.

"That was a good job. Bad timing but still good," I whispered to Alex.

"Thanks, you weren't so bad yourself." 

I looked at him and he gave me a small wink.

To anyone else it would've looked like a small gesture but my stomach was saying otherwise. It felt like there was a bunch of acrobats doing somersaults in my stomach but I just shrugged away the feeling.

-------------------------------------------

Finally after 45 agonizing minutes (which actually felt like 45 hours), class ended and I gathered my things and walked to my locker.  

I opened my locker and a note fell from the inside that said:  

'Maybe you should save your self the embarrassment and stick with your nerd friend.'