17 - L.

Hello!
So I think there will only be a few more chapters. There will be no more than 30 but no less than 20. I have a few more ideas and I'm determined to take this story as far as possible.

-S.B.

---

The next day was long. I found myself staying cuddled up to Calum for about two hours before deciding to get up and try to do something. I wasn't going to sit around and mope over Ashton all day. He didn't deserve my moping.

When I walked out of my room, the first thing I see is Ashton standing at the doorway, waving to the boy I saw with him last night. He had a fake timid smile on his face, before he slammed the door shut. I quickly went into the kitchen before I could be seen by him, not very keen on the idea of speaking to him.

I wanted to punch him in the face but at the same time I really wanted to hide away and just to not touch him at all. Also somewhere deep inside of me I knew I wanted to kiss him and beg him to never hurt me again. I hated that side the most.

I started pulling everything out for lunch, deciding that chicken soap sounded good for now. As I was doing so, Ashton made his way into the kitchen, making me tense up.

"Morning Luke." He mumbled, getting himself a cup of coffee.

I swallowed, not replying to his comment. I let out a soft sigh before pouring the chicken broth into the pot I was using. Ashton hadn't seemed to make a big deal out of my quietness.

He left the room, making me let out a breath of relief before continuing what I was doing. Eventually I had gotten so caught up in my thoughts, my hand brushed against the hot metal, making me squeal and jump back, groaning in pain from the burn.

Ashton was the first one to my side, gently pulling me over to the sink and beginning to let the cool water wash over the wound. It stung a bit, but not as much.

I kept my eyes away from Ashton's, staring down at my now red hand, until I felt soft fingertips touch my chin and steer head into another direction, facing him.

He looked exhausted. "You okay?" He breathed out in question.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried not to think of the previous night. I just nodded, not meeting his eyes.

Slowly, I pulled my hand away, whispering a small thank you while wiping my hand carefully with a rag. He nodded in response and gently cupped my cheek. I tensed up once again as his thumb rubbed against my cheek, making a shiver run down my spine.

As he looked into my eyes, all I wanted was to close myself up. I already knew I was like an open book to someone and that they could read me like it was nothing. In that moment I wished I wasn't so sad. I wished that my eyes sparkled with happiness, but I knew in the next week that would be insanely hard to do.

Just as he began leaning in, I finally snapped out of my thoughts, slowly looking down, making him stop what he was doing. Before Ashton could ask me what was wrong, the phone rang and I let out a sigh.

I quickly pulled away, taking the phone and answering with a soft; "Hello?"

Gregs voice rang in my ears, "Hello Luke. I was told to let you know that management wants to have a meeting in two hours. We'll be sending cars soon to come pick you four up."

I took a deep breath and nodded. "Okay." I said simply before hanging up.

I told everyone what would be happening soon, getting a simple response from all of them before also letting them know it was lunch time making them all cheer in delight. I giggled a bit and followed them all into the kitchen.

+

The last time we had been in this room, I almost punched Ashton in the face because of how much I hated him. But this time I just wanted to punch him in the face because...well because I loved him now.

I sighed watched as Michael let Calum spin him around in the chair, letting out little giggles. I really wished I could have something like that.

Soon the two management men-as Calum calls them, walked into the room and took their seats. It was quite for a moment before Greg cleared his throat, finally speaking.

"So the reason we called you four in is because we'd like to inform you that the stunt is working well, people believe it and continue to support you." He looked through his papers.

"The other thing we'd like to tell is that at the end of the week, hour tours start back up. We we're thinking that maybe keeping them the same, but modest has decided that instead you four will tour together. You'll both have your buses as always, but you'll play at the same places."

Michael squealed and hugged Calum, making me smile because now they wouldn't have to go months without seeing each other.

Ashton just nodded, letting them know he was listening, glancing over at me once or twice.

Ashtons management nodded. "We would also like you four to consider writing together. Maybe a few songs here and there."

I nodded and played with my fingers as they finished up the meeting. I sighed softly, standing up out of my chair just as the other three boys did. Michael and Calum were the first two put swinging their hands as they walked.

Ashton appeared beside me. "Hi." He smiled, making my heart melt a little.

I smiled shyly back, "hello." We stayed quiet as we walked, nobody saying anything.

Just as we were about to walk outside, Ashton grabbed my hand and pulled me back over to him, making me squeak as I ran into his chest. Ashton chuckled and reached up to cup my cheek again.

"Let's go somewhere together."

I didn't realize I nodded before it was to late.

Vote and comment
-S.B. xx