Chapter 15

You and Lauren were in the living room, watching netflix even though you weren't paying attention to it. All your attention was on Lauren, but your eyes still remained on the t.v screen.

"Hey Lo, do you remember the times we would sneak around your parent's house and when we were having sex...you started to scream your ass off that your mom had to come check in on you?"

Lauren's face blushed in embarrassment, "Oh my god. She was like 'Why does it sound like a dying cat in here?' That was so bad." She giggled.

"I had to finish you off before I could hide in the closet." You laughed loudly, enjoying this moment with your fiancee. "Then you replied, 'It's for choir mom. Get out!' That was so funny."

Lauren giggled, "Stop. That was so embarrassing."

You averted your gaze to Lauren, taking in the view of your beautiful fiancee. She was truly beautiful. You've never felt like this for anyone else just her. You knew she was your soulmate. You knew she was the one for you.

"I love you Lauren." You softly said, interlacing your hand with her's. "I'm so in love with you and I never stopped." You brought her hand to your lips, kissing the atop of her hand softly. She smiles her megawatt smile at you making your stomach flutter.

"I love you too."

Months later....

Lauren and Camila have been in the graveyard, mourning her recent loss. Lauren's fingers pressed onto the letters of the gravestone, feeling the surface of the letters. She wished the outcome had ended differently. She didn't think this was real. It couldn't have been.

"I miss you so much." She choked out, her voice cracking at every word spewing out. The Cuban dropped to her knees, and started to sob uncontrollably. "I wish you were still here with me. I don't know how I'm still doing this. I feel like I can't do this without you. I need you."

Camila stood behind Lauren, listening to every word. She was truly sorry for Lauren. She didn't know how to express that in words. The smaller Cuban just listened to her sob, her heart dropping to her stomach when Lauren croaked out "I'm sorry."

"I miss all the times we had. All the times we shared. You made me feel so loved. I just don't believe this." Camila leant down, placing her hand on Lauren's shoulder.

"Lo," She began, thinking about the next words she was going to say. "She's in a better place now."

Lauren didn't say anything. She didn't want to.

"It's getting late we should go." Camila softly said.

Lauren sighed before nodding. Several minutes passed by, a black car pulls up.

"Hey babygirl." Lauren turned her gaze towards you, quickly running to you and engulfing you in her embrace. Her breath hits against your neck.

She sniffled, "I missed you so much. Next time don't be gone too long."

You smiled against the top of her head, "I know, I'm sorry baby. Work is crazy." You huffed. "Camila texted me that you would be here." You waved at the other Cuban. You and Camila are actually really great friends now.

"Yeah, I had to come and see her." Lauren sighed.

"She was lovely." She hummed in response, enjoying this moment to be in your arms and you couldn't help but feel the fucking zoo attack you like a million times.

"Love is a very funny thing." Lauren begins. "It binds you to alot of things. And it makes you unaware." She sniffled. "And then life happens, and when life hits love, sometimes you just die."

You rub her back soothingly, "Your mom was a strong woman."

"So are you...fighting your sickness and doing whatever it takes. You're healthy and you're alive. Cancer free. "

And you are.

Feeling better than you were years ago. Somehow a miracle had happened and your cancer had disappeared after taking loads of medication and surgery. It actually worked this time. Now you could spend your life with your soulmate.

"Let's go home."

A/N: i think im done here. :)