Chapter 6

A/N: Here's the next chapter! Vote & Comment :)

A soft knock came from the door as I stood up to open it, revealing an exhausting Lauren. Before I could say anything, she enveloped me into a hug and I was too shocked to do anything. I hesitantly reciprocated and I had to admit, it was nice to be in her arms.

I missed her warmth. I missed her.

"I'm sorry," Lauren mumbled against my shoulder. "I know it's like 3 in the morning but I had to come over. I wanted to come see you."

"It's fine Lo." I cleared my throat awkwardly, which made Lauren the first to pull away. I shut the door behind her. She ran her eyes all over the apartment, taking in the view.

The apartment never changed since she left. The furniture was in the same position. I still had pictures of us and the remaining of her clothing.

She forgot some of it so I kept it.

"How are you?" She spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Could be better." I retorted, making a small smile appear on her face. She walked towards the living room and sat on the couch with me following her trail.

"You still look gorgeous bald."

I turned my head away, trying to hide my red face. I hated how she still had an effect on me.

"Does Camilla know you're here?" I smirked as her smile faltered while she rolled her eyes.

"You know her name is Camila." She says, trying to change the subject.

"You didn't answer my question Lo." She mumbled out a 'No' and I smiled at the mischievous Cuban.

"She trusts me." I nodded. It was quiet for a few minutes while I felt she was mustering up her thoughts. "I still don't understand why you didn't even try to talk with me? Things would've been different ..." Suddenly a loud swallow interrupts her little rant. She took a deep breath before speaking again. "Do you understand what you did? How you broke me? You brought out the best of me, and then you took all of it away. I felt suffocated." I stare into her green orbs, trying to read her expression which was full of sorrow and hurt. Her eyes could tell it to me all.

Lauren would have been the perfect person to do it all for me while I was sick.

I didn't reply as I continued staring at the Cuban. She is so gorgeous even when she's not trying.

"I know." I finally spoke up after a long stare down. Lauren just sighed at my response and moved her hand forward to entwine hers with mine.

I couldn't help but feel electricity from the touch. It never left.

"I'm here now. I need you and you need me. Just let me be there for you." She desperately pleaded.

I wasn't sure. I didn't want her to have to experience this. I was glad she was back in my life again but I'm not gonna be selfish.

"I can't Lo. I don't want you to."

"Why?" Her eyes were begging me to.

"I don't want to see the disappointment in your eyes when you find out that I can't be cured." I started. "I've been sick for years and fighting for my life alone. Then when I die, you realize that you just wasted your time and emotions on me. You'll regret it." I always gave myself reasons to doubt myself. Or to doubt other people. You either leave them or they'll leave you.

That's the way it is.

"Can you stop doing that?" She sighed. "You're not going to die. You are going to keep fighting. Fight for me. Fight for yourself."  The Cuban squeezed my hand light.

"I'm just being realistic." After those words, a comfortable silence settled between us. We were both lost in our own thoughts. I knew Lauren would try to find ways to convince me that she could support me.

She would win eventually.

"Y/NN, are you doing anything tomorrow?" She suddenly asks. "Or today? Whatever."

"Well.. I have another photo shoot in the morning, then I have to get more of my medication but the rest of the evening, I am free. Why?" I raise my eyebrow in anticipation.

A large smile was plastered on her face as she spoke, "Because you and I will be getting drunk."

I have a feeling, she needs this more than I do.

I chuckled at her crazy idea so I agreed, making her cheer and dance like a dead seal. It wasn't a pleasant sight but I missed it. WHY NOT?

"Okay, I need to get back to Camz. I'll see you tomorrow." She sheepishly mumbled.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" She politely declined as she said she would get a cab home.

This is good. Lauren and I are on our way to being something again. This was progress.

Or so I thought.

...

Lauren POV
Once I got home, I noticed the bedroom light was on with Camila sitting on the bed, indian style.

"Where were you? It's nearly 4:30 in the morning." She was tired as she tried to keep her eyes open, while trying to talk to me.

"I-" I paused. Should I tell her I was at Y/N's house? If I did, would she get mad? I can't lie to her. "I was at Y/N's." I admitted and a shocked look appeared on her face.

"Why were you there?" She asked, shifting in her position uncomfortably.

"I wanted to see her." I took a deep breath. This would upset Camila but she wouldn't make it visible.

"Oh." Was all she said, before laying down and facing away from me. I turned off the bedroom lights and laid in bed next to her.

"Camz, I k-"

"You don't have to say anything Lo, I get it. She's sick. I can't get mad." She says understandingly. I felt guilty. Camila was hurt. She's such a good person and I didn't deserve her.

"Can I tell you something?" Camila hummed in response.

"I'm going out with Y/N tomorrow night. I just want to prove it to her that she has someone there for her. I want her to know that she has me to support her now." I wrap my arms around Camila, spooning her from behind then placed a kiss on the back of her head.

"Okay. I'll just call Dinah over." She softly said. I knew Camila had more to say but she never did. I was always thankful of that.

A/N: vote and comment ily