Chapter 5

A/N: Thanks for the feedback guys! Here's another chapter! Hope y'all enjoy! :)

"Not long..."

I watch Lauren give me a horrific look and I shrugged at her in response.

I didn't care.

I was going to die and I already accepted that fact. I've lost hope.

Like how I lost hope of getting my girl back.

"Y/N..." She softly said.

I stare at her with a blank look. That's one of the reasons why I didn't want to tell Lauren. Pity was written all over her and Camilla's face.

What is Camilla still doing here?

"I have to go Lauren. I got a doctor's appointment that I have to attend. Doctor always hate it when I'm late." I stood up.

"Let me come with you."

"I'm fine. Take Camilla home. We can reschedule and we can catch up. I still have the same number by the way." I gave her a small smile before exiting my office.

...
Lauren's POV
After Camila and I got home, she went to go buy some groceries while I just sat on the couch, staring into oblivion.

She's sick.

I should've stayed. She needed support and I wasn't there.

I feel sick to my stomach.

I was too focused on thoughts, I didn't realize Camila had just gotten back.

"Babe?" Camila placed her hand on my shoulder, pulling me out of my daze and I turned around so I can face her.

"She's sick." I shakily said as my lips quivered, and I pull Camila into my embrace. I nuzzle my face into the crook of her neck while she rubbed my back soothingly. "She didn't even tell me."

For the rest of the night Camila just held me, making sure I was taken care of.

...
Your POV
I stare at myself in the mirror, but I focused mainly on my eyes. They had a hollow look to them. It was empty.

That scared me.

My smile stopped reaching my eyes, as the lines at the corner of my mouth smoothed out over. I couldn't smile anymore because I didn't have any reason to.

All of my smiles were caused by Lauren.

I pull off my wig that helped disguised my sickness. It was one of the things keeping me sane.

It was like an escape from the truth.

But you aren't actually escaping.

I couldn't bare to look at myself in the mirror so I tore my eyes away.

My doctor's words played over and over in my head. It was like stuck on repeat.

Spread. Cancer. Neck. Lungs.

I hear it all. The recognition of the words and the angsty feelings that take complete control of my body, but at the same time, it makes me feel numb.

I had to admit it was hard facing this alone but I couldn't drag lauren into this mess.

My phone rang as it brought me out of my daze, I grab my phone and realize that it was Lauren calling which makes me answer immediately.

"Hey..." Her huskiness spoke into my ears.

I've always loved her voice.

"Hey Laur, what's up?" I casually said, as if everything was okay. A long sigh was made until she responded.

"Can I come over?"

"I-If you want. I'm staying at the apartment. The one b-" Before I could finish my sentence, she interjects.

"The one where we used to live in?" She had a bit of shock in her voice.

"That's the one. I'll see you soon Lo." I softly said then the line clicked, indicating the call ended.

Just Lauren and I in our apartment alone.

I wonder how this is gonna end.

A/N: Haha, vote and comment guys.