Family Reunion: Chap 13

Amelia's POV

Another day had gone and Bash was a no show. "Don't worry he'll come back." Said Megan trying to comfort me. But there was no comfort in it, Bash had been gone for weeks. The snow had begun to stick to the ground and the days had gotten shorter, nights had gotten longer. With Bash gone I had barely slept, the nightmares of a dark wolf killing the light wolf haunting me every night. Quinn plopped down next to me giving me a tray with a piece of pizza on it. However I wasn't that hungry, but I took a bite out of it to please him.

Quinn and I were dating now I guess. I mean he hasn't officially asked me out yet but maybe he was just waiting for me to feel better about Bash's disappearance. It wasn't the fact that he was gone, it was the fact he hadn't told anyone where he was going and how long he would be gone. Anxiety was eating away at his pack, his parents and of course, me. And since his disappearance my family had began to worry about me.

Like Quinn had said, Andrew had returned to the territory to claim the title of alpha and without Bash to stand in his way, he was the new leader. And Andrew just like the alpha, wanted my head on a stick. Quinn told me he thought it was a good idea to take me out to honour his memory, I however hated the idea of having yet again, another target on my butt.

Because of all of this, my family was having me move into the pack house. Close to the village they had built for our pack but, it was secluded and cut off from the rest of the world. Most of them were going to be there because of the On Call, that my second cousin Adrian told me about. May I also mention the guards that surrounded the school, drove me home every night, guard my house and soon will have me on lock down at the pack house.

However, it had its perks. I would soon be attending my father's meeting as the future leader of our pack, sadly my father told me I was going to have to fight for my title, to prove myself in a set of trials that I would have to go through when I turned eighteen. Great. I was also starting training again, it wasn't Kaden doing the training but it was still nice to learn basic combat skills. I missed him deeply, wishing I could see him. I hadn't heard anything from him since the night of the eclipse. I hoped that Vanessa had survived...

"So are you coming?" Violette asked snapping me out of my thoughts. After a while Megan had accepted Violette back into our group. She was officially done hunting, therefore she was no longer a threat. V still blamed herself and her father for the death of our friend May, but she was coping, like the rest of us.

"Coming where?" I asked focusing on the group around me. 

"To the ice rink. Come on we talked about it last week." Quinn said bumping my shoulder. 

"I might not be able to. I mean considering I'll be on lock down really soon." I told them looking at my cold pizza. 

"Can't you just bring your trusty guard dogs with you?" Asked Megan stabbing her salad viscously.

"I'll talk to my dad about it. But don't get your hopes up." I said trying to joke around but my voice sounded flat, lifeless. I checked my phone again. Zero calls. 

"You gonna eat that?" Asked Quinn. I shook my head pushing it to him. I'm surprised he hasn't questioned my eating habits yet. Sebastian would have.

Pulling the end of my sleeves over my hands I leaned over to put my head on Quinn's shoulder. He looked at me questionably but shrugged it off going back to devour my pizza. Megan watched me closely the whole time knowing there was something wrong with me. And sadly I think there was.

Megan gestured her head to the cafe doors and I nodded once. "I need to use the bathroom. Amelia will you come with me?" She asked.

Quinn scrunched up his face, "What is it with girls and going to the bathroom together?" I rolled my eyes at him and stood up walking beside Megan. Once we were out the doors she pulled me into a hug.