Vampire King: Chap 11

Third Person

The night was dark and eerily quiet when Raphael approached. Peter noticed that the night had a bitter bite to it, not that it bothered his pale skin. "What's the news?" Peter demanded of Raphael. He smelt of blood, he obviously had a snack on the way back Peter thought.

"The girl we have been tracking was taken by wolf. Part of the bitten pack." His accent was thick while he spoke, making his warm breath rose in the air dissipating in a cloud of vapour. 

"Where did he take her?" Peter asked the dark man in front of him.

"To the one town over. They were hard to track, smelled like gasoline. The boss will be happy that we have the location of the target." Peter looked up with his dark orange eyes. 

"The boss told us not to touch her. She is his responsibility." 

Raphael held up his hands. "I know the girl is not to be touched. The fact that she is what you say, a walking bag of poison." Raphael's Russian accent was hard to decode but Peter understood what he meant. It was Lucas's fault he fed off of that girl.

"We should tell him about her location." Raphael nodded pulling out two cigarettes. He handed on to Peter carefully and he took the other in his mouth. Peter accepted sticking the cigarette in his own mouth, graciously taking the lighter from Raphael's cold hands.

"What do you think he wants with this girl?" Peter asked after breathing out a lungful of smoke. "No idea but he said he has some deal with the alpha to get rid of her. She's a threat to both our kind and their filthy kind." Raphael let the deadly smoke fill his lungs as he stared at the star lit sky.

The door behind them opened and a red headed female came into the night. "The boss would like to see you now." Peter recognized the female vampire as Lily. 

"We are just taking our time Lily." Raphael said nonchalantly. 

"You know he doesn't like waiting." She spit out eyeing both boys.

Peter sighed throwing the cigarette to the ground, mushing it underneath a beaten up combat boot. "I don't know about you but I'd like to keep my head for a little while longer." Raphael chuckled at his remark snuffing his own cigarette. He patted Peter on the back and they both walked up the cracked steps.

Lily led them inside waiting as Peter shut the door. This place was crawling with beings of their kind. Hiding away from all human eyes. They were very nocturnal creatures that yes fed off of blood. Peter was different then most his kind. It wasn't the fact that he could walk into the sunlight or that he preferred animal blood, it was the fact that he wasn't a full breed.

He wasn't bitten like most of his family, in fact he was born. The spawn of a wolf and a vampire. Unlike the others, sunlight didn't burn his skin to ash, therefore he was handed the task of watching the Winters girl in the daylight. His scent wasn't the same as say Raphael's, in fact his heart did beat. They didn't know whether Peter was immortal, but he was fairly indestructible.

"Hello Peter." Peter tried not to shiver in disgust as Rebecca pressed herself to his side, boobs and all. 

"Rebecca I'm busy." She got close to his neck baring her teeth. She inhaled his scent and smiled. 

"If you want to have a good time, you know where to find me." Lily gagged making Raphael chuckle.

"Jealous Lilypad?" Peter asked pushing himself against her back. She growled pulling herself away. 

"In your dreams Halfbreed." Peter put his hand over his heart in a way of pretending pain. 

"I'm hurt, really." Lily rolled her eyes flipping her flaming hair over her shoulder.