Who Are You Really: Chap 5

Amelia's POV

"A werewolf?! You have got to be joking! They don't exist!" He held up his hand and I sat down after the realization that I had stood up.

"I know it's a lot to wrap your head around. All the born wolves here grew up their whole lives knowing what they are but you, your family wanted to protect you and they had a good reason. They wanted you to have a normal life and stay out of the war but they have probably realized that it was a mistake." I pressed my fingers to my temples and breathed in deeply catching the lovely scent of honey.

I turn around in my chair to see that sandy haired boy from before. He swallowed and gave me a dazzling smile that I'm sure made the girls melt since it had the same effect on me. "Sorry to interrupt alpha," he bowed his head down slightly. "but everyone is dying to meet the newcomer." Derek chuckled.

"Amelia this is Kaden Hudson, son of my beta."

"So beta is second in command right?" He nodded.

"Kaden will take his father's place when he completes his training." Kaden held out his hand and I shook it taking a moment before I let go. He had the prettiest blue eyes I have ever seen.

"Would you like to come outside and meet the rest of the pack?" Kaden asked keeping his eyes everywhere but me.

I looked at Derek as if asking for permission. "Okay." I answered after Derek nodded. I followed the gorgeous and shirtless Kaden outside into the yard I had seen before. Immediately heads shot in our direction making me blush. "Why are they so intent on meeting me?" I asked looking at all the werewolves before me. This is still hard to wrap my head around.

"You're new and unmated..." He paused looking over the crowd. "As you get closer to your seventeenth birthday you will change in loads of different ways. You'll be able to smell better, hear better and you'll be faster and stronger. You will also develop your own werewolf scent. For example to me you smell like strawberries and roses." I raised my eyebrow at him and looked away trying not to stare at his six pack.

"What do I smell like to you?" He asked.

"Honey and the woods." I answered blushing again.

"Wow she is adorable when she blushes!" Said a girl bouncing up the steps. "Hi my name is Vanessa, Kaden's sister and this is Jordan my mate." I looked between the siblings to see the similarities.

"Mate?" I asked after a few moments.

"She's new." Kaden interjected.

"So you never knew what you were until now?" Vanessa asked. I nodded, I still wasn't exactly sure what I was. The person I knew growing up was a lie this whole time. I didn't really know who I was anymore and it terrified me, "Well if you're going to stay here then you are gonna have to work for it. Training starts every morning at 5:30 am, then we go to school. But I'm pretty sure you won't have to do that." Vanessa blabbed on while I stared at Kaden. His face was full of amusement.

"I'll train her before I go to school, keep her out of the alpha's hands." Kaden said making Jordan's eyebrow shoot up. "Well it's almost time for breakfast. Would you like to have a walk around?" I nodded at Kaden's suggestion and followed him back through the house door.

"Thanks for that. Your friends like to pounce on people don't they?" Kaden chuckled softly.

"They're always like that. Through this door," He gestured to a large double wooden door with golden handles that glistened in the light. "This is the dinning room. It's quite large considering how many mouths we need to feed." We continued walking down the marble floors, I admired the paintings and decorations along the walls. "There's only a few people who live here, the rest live in the houses provided by the alpha, on our territory of course. My family lives here because my father is second in command but we can have a house if we'd like it." I nodded.