Confusion: Chap 4

Sebastian's POV

My vision was red as I bit down onto Quin's shoulder. I was so angry, so filled with rage. I was going to kill him for trying to hurt her. The taste of his blood filled my mouth and covered my nozzle. He whimpered in submission as he sunk to the floor, defeated. My focus then snapped from his body to the girl who was pressed against the back wall.

I could hear the rapid rhythm of her heart as she stared at me with wide eyes. Attack was my instinct, make her bleed. She is human. Make her suffer. "SEBASTIAN!" I stopped in my tracks. This human called out my name, Amelia. My vision cleared and I backed away quickly. I was going to hurt her, but when the twins attacked I had no choice but to shift. With a thud her beautiful figure collapsed on the floor. I gained control of my wolf and shifted into my human form before I approached her unconscious body. Quinn growled making me turn my head.

Hearing the cracking of bones he shifted back into his human form as well. "The alpha will not be pleased with this." He muttered looking at Amelia's body, eyes full of regret. He stood up and looked out the window, "Sebastian, I know it's wrong. To turn innocent people. But it worked for us, we became faster, better. What do you think it would do to her?" I shook my head pulling her into my arms. I was naked yes, but I didn't care.

"There's a war coming Quinn." He looked back towards me, his eyes still had a tint of yellow inside them. The moonlight from the window highlighted his entire naked body, "Our alpha stole this territory from her family." I said gesturing to Amelia, "They are calling the family down." I said looking at him.

"Backup." Quinn muttered under his breath. 

"That's all we are to him. Warriors, soldiers. We are nothing to him." he shook his head and pointed at himself. 

"I was nothing before he turned me. My werewolf genes dormant. I couldn't do anything, my father was disappointed in me because I didn't turn when I turned sixteen. The alpha made me better, made all of us better."

"But your father is part of the Winters' pack and you are part of another. Can you really fight and kill him when the time comes?" He opened his jaw and closed it quickly.

"We can stop this war from happening." he commented finally finding the words.

"No you can't. It won't stop until she gets bitten." I stood up pulling Amelia with me. The phone she had been using was crushed into tiny pieces on the floor. I laid her on the bed and searched for something that I could put on.

Quinn moved closer to her causing a growl to erupt from within my chest. "Relax, I'm not going to touch her. There's just something about her, she smells human and yet she does not. Do you know when her 17th birthday is?" I shook my head, "It's in December. I will protect her because I trust you more than the alpha. But you know that I can't disobey orders." I nodded watching the wound on his shoulder slowly heal.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Don't thank me. I'm not doing it for you. I'm doing it for her and her family. My family." After he said those words he jumped out the window and joined the twins.

I walked into Megan's brothers room and stole a pair jeans and a plain black t-shirt before walking back to Amelia. She was still unconscious, splayed out on the bed. I still didn't trust Quinn, he said that he was on our side but I didn't believe a word he said. Looking out the window I caught sight of the bright blue eyes of the alpha. He shifted into his human form and I could see the smirk on his face. Whatever he planned had worked, I had done everything he wanted me to do. The question was, what did he do?

A weird nervous sensation crawled across my skin making me shiver. Whatever he did it was bad. Scooping Amelia into my arms I walked down the stairs to see Megan staring at me wide eyed. "Sebastian you promised no wolf business! How am I going to explain all that to people!?" She closed her eyes tightly and breathed. "Just because you saved my ass, does not mean I owe my entire life to you and your werewolf douches!" I nodded.