Cracking Bones and Breaking Hearts: Chap 18

Sebastian's POV

Quinn was racing me once again with the hunters close on our tails. We knew exactly where we were going, over the cliffs like we always did. It was really late in the evening, Violette's mother and her gang were still trying to hunt us down or more specifically Andrew, you know the one that slashed open the chest of Violette's father.

"Oh my gosh Quinn, when did you get so slow?" I asked chuckling hearing the shouting of people behind us, they were smart enough to ride four wheelers this time. Even then they still couldn't keep up with our speed. 

"When did you get so cocky? Oh wait you've always been delusional."

"Ha ha." I said sarcastically picking up my speed again making him fall behind even more, "Come on short legs." I pushed my hind legs harder and launched myself over the cliff shifting midair to preform a perfect swan dive into the ice cold water, breaking the thin covering of ice. The cold waves molded itself around my body as I exhaled. The bubbles from my lungs rising to the surface as I continued to descend.

"Show off." Quinn said jumping off slashing into the water next to me as I broke the surface. We both inhaled deeply, plunging back into the dark depths. Holding our breath we swam under the cliff rocks as the hunters above shot silver bullets into the cloudy water. 

"They really don't learn." Quinn commented when we resurfaced inside the cave. He tossed me a pair of shorts to cover my exposed junk, "How many times have we lead them here and they still don't think about checking why we seem to get away every time?" He chuckled running a hand through his dark wet hair. 

"Shh, they might hear you and start blowing up the entire cave." He rolled his eyes at me. I watching him settle himself on one of the rocks before he shook his hair of excess water. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked eyeing me carefully. 

"Ace told me about the war plans. They've been moved up. He was going to talk to us later tonight... But I actually don't feel anything, I don't care about anything at all." He raised an eyebrow, "I mean I was obsessed with Amelia and now I don't care if she lives or dies." Quinn swallowed avoiding eye contact with me.

"You still care about her, don't you?" I asked smirking slightly. 

He nodded. "I want to see our pack rise... but I don't want her to have to die for it, even if she isn't my mate." Mate. I hated that word, the way I used to feel about that word. Like it was everything to me. 

I grimaced, "Life would've been perfectly fine if she hadn't come to this god forsaken town." Quinn nodded chuckling in agreement.

"I wish I wasn't part of this pack, that I could defy Ace's orders... that way I could keep the promise that I made to you. I am being torn apart thinking about how my father is going to be on that battle field..." I raised an eyebrow sitting down on a nearby rock, the pendant bouncing off my chest. 

"And what promise would that be?" I asked curiously.

"The promise to keep Amelia safe? Since the Alpha bit me I can't ignore his commands. I'm the reason he put that pendant on you in the first place and now you've lost feeling for everything. I know it was you who killed that janitor at the school. Ace was pissed that he had to clean up your mess. You just don't give a shit about anything." He kept his eyes on the pendant he whole time he was talking to me.

"That janitor was being a prick. He was going to rat me out for making out in the boys locker room after hours." 

Quinn shook his head, "That doesn't give you a right to kill him." I rolled my eyes, since when did he care, "Ace has turned you into the perfect weapon because you no longer have a conscience-"