"Wait. No, no, no, I'm giving natural birth," Tris says, hyperventilating.

"Well, ma'am, after you've had at least one c-section it is possible for your uterus to burst during natural birth, therefore putting your children in a fatal situation," she explains.

"But, but..." Tris stammers.

"We can allow you to give a natural birth, but we will not be responsible for any harm that comes to the babies. And, I'd just like to remind you that it could possibly kill your children. I think a c-section is the best option for you," she says, very straight forward.

"Tris, it's going to be ok. Please just have the c-section. We can't lose them," I plead.

"Tobias I'm scared," she cries.

"I know, I know you are but you're brave. We have to do this for Trevor and Tailynn."

She nods, still crying.

"I'm sorry Tris," the doctor says before walking out.

"Tris, hey, everything will be fine," I assure her.

"That's what you said last time we were in this situation!" She sobs.

"I know--"

"You know what happened last time?" She asks harshly. "Our baby Trace died, Tobias! He died!"

"Tris, I know it's hard. It's hard for me too. But, you have to take into consideration that he was 3 months early."

She doesn't say anything for a long time after that, until she hits another contraction.

She moans in pain, so I pick up her hand and she immediately latches on.

When it's over, she sighs and looks at me desperately.

"Promise me they're going to be ok," she whispers.

"I.....I promise,Tris. I love you," I respond.

"I love you too."

<><><>

A knock sounds on the door, and I answer, "Come in!"

"Hey guys, how's it going?" The doctor asks, stepping into the room.

"I don't know if I can do this," Tris quickly answers, shaking. It's been two hours, so she knows she's about to have her operation.

"You can do it Tris, everything will be just fine," the doctor assures her.

"Will it?" She asks, sounding defeated.

"Everything will be fine, and our babies will be here, healthy and beautiful," I say, kissing her forehead.

Tris takes a deep breath.

"Ok, could you just sit up for me?" The doctor asks.

I help Tris sit up. The doctor preps the needle that's about to go into Tris' back, and I ask, "What's in there?"

I don't trust needles or shots anymore due to how many serums people were put under during the war. If it's something bad, I definitely do not want it going into my wife's back.

"It's what will numb her so she won't feel anything during the surgery."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yes."

The needle goes in and Tris winces.

"Ok, nurses will be here in a couple of minutes to take you to the operating room," the doctor says, then leaves.

Tris and I wait in complete silence, with our hands intertwined, until two nurses show up.

"Ready?" One asks.

Tris doesn't respond.

I kiss her forehead, her cheek, then her lips.

"Let's go have our babies."

<><><>
Heyyyyyyyyyy! How are you guys?

QOTD: What's the most popular college near you?

Bye!!!!

Be brave. <4