"So....about that happened..." He started and I cut him off immediately.

"I'm sorry, won't happen again."

"Oh." He looked disappointed. What?

"Yeah." I gave him a small smile.

"Won't ever?"

"Nope."

"Off course"

"Hmm..."

"Let's go?"

"Sure."

And that's how it ended.

I DON'T want this kind of awkwardness between Zayd and me anymore.
We were best friends, come on?

_______________________________

It was two days after the 'breaking nose' incident of James. Or should I call it 'kissing back' incident of Zayd.

Jeez, I couldn't get over it.

From the past few days, the awkwardness still stayed. It was not like we weren't talking anymore, it was just we weren't talking like before anymore.
We met in school only in the math period and that too stayed silent over the whole lecture; randomly stealing glances at each other.
At lunch, he went with Tiana to I don't know where?
So...I don't even want to know.

At dinner, he came daily now. Mom was back and I was gladly thankful to her for that. She talked to both of us all the time so it felt better. We didn't need to talk to each other about anything personal.

Except that, we didn't meet at all.
James was fine now. We talked about the day and I made him understand how Zayden was just protective about his only best friend, and James, being a mature guy forgave him. They started talking again.

It was just me who was in a big mess.

Right now, I was in the hot shower of my bathroom thinking about the hot kiss we shared in the presence of James. Thankfully, he didn't remember our kissing at all, as he didn't mention it or press on the topic. I guessed he fainted before our kiss.

I knew why I kissed Zayd on the first place now. It was the alcohol and my teenage harmones, off course.
But, I didn't know if it was same for him too when he kissed me the other day.

He said he would return my kiss if I was embarrassed about that he didn't reply to it before.
Was that the only reason?

On one side, I just wanted to forget about it and move on. But on the other side, I wanted to find out the real reason.

"June! You're already late! Are you sleeping inside?" Mom banged the bathroom door from outside and yelled at me. I jumped in the shower, getting startled and hurried up.

Getting dressed for school, I grabbed a Nutella sandwich for breakfast with strawberry milkshake. Just what I like.
When I sat in the car, I was just five minutes late.
If I will drive faster, I can reach school at least before the final bell.

So I sighed and stepped on it, racing the car towards the gray building of our school.

Grinning like an idiot, I shoved the important books in my bag for the first period from my locker. I was on time. Only I have that power! Ha!

"Hey dudie!" A cheerful voice greeted me.

"Hey Charlie." I said; still grinning.

I looked at her; she had streaks of new highlights in her hair.