Twenty

[Calum's P.O.V.]

I woke up and stayed in my room till 10. I obviously left only to get food, then I continued to shelter myself in my room. I tweeted a lyric from Everything I Didn't Say.

I just had to. Knowing what I did to Michael haunted me. I didn't know what to say to him or whether or not I should even talk to him.

Ashton came into my room an hour or so after I tweeted the lyric.

"Why did you do that?" He asks holding up his phone.

I shrug. "I just wanted him to know. I didn't know how to tell him and the song lyric was just perfect." I explained.

He sits next to me and talks to me. "He's been lying. Well, he told Luke and I white lies."

"What were they about?" I ask confused.

"About eating and sleeping. We asked if he slept and he said yes. We asked if he was hungry and he said no."

I look at him confused because they just sound like things people would say truthfully.

"He wasn't sleeping. He was playing the piano and guitar. He didn't have lunch or dinner last night and he refused breakfast." He explains and there's a lot of worry in his voice.

Okay, so he was acting weird. That was only because of the break up. He won't keep up with it forever.

"What do you expect Ashton? I broke up with him, it's just a part of the grieving process or whatever."

He sighed and looked at me then at his phone. "Alright. If this 'grieving process' thing lasts too long, you have to talk to him."

I don't want Michael to hurt himself over this so I agreed to what Ashton said.

I remember when Michael told me he was getting bullied. I tried defending him and sometimes it would work. If I was able to push the bullies away, Michael would still look sad. That's when I gave all my energy trying to make him smile and laugh.

Then I started noticing how he was eating less. I'd ask him why he wasn't eating and he'd said he wasn't hungry or that he was loosing weight. Loosing weight is for the people who need it, Michael wasn't one of those people.

I once found him throwing up and I asked if he was sick. He said it was self inflicted. Ever since, I'd make sure he was eating and wasn't throwing up.

What Ashton told me got me scared. I didn't want Michael doing this to himself again. I know he doesn't like it. He says he does it to look better and skinnier.

Now that we're over because of what I did. I wasn't positive I'd be there when he would act bulimic.

I was beyond upset at myself for doing this to him. He doesn't deserve any of this.

"Ashton?" I call out before he walks out.

He hums and looks at me.

"Make sure he eats. I'm going to be in my room all day." I explain.

He gives me a sad smile and leaves closing the door behind him.