All The Right Moves- Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

"As if I hadn't known my life was boring let alone sexually deprived. Thanks B." I said shooting her a wicked smile.

She pouted softly, "I can help with that you know," Mitch responded wagging his eyebrows.

Blake and I laughed and ignored his comment.

We all sat down on the table and instead of sitting in the open sit by Drew, I sat at two seats down from him besides Jack.

I was not in the mood to feel unworthy this morning as I had last night.

Noticing the wall I had built between us this morning, Drew stood up and switched seats so he was now sitting right beside me.

"Didn't like the view from that chair or something?" I asked as everyone started to dig in their food and talk amongst themselves.

"You're avoiding me." He said before filling each of our plates with food.

"And so what if I am?" I asked as he set my plate down.

He set his plate down and faced me, "Tiger, you know I refuse to let you stay mad at me longer than you've already had. Tell me, what's wrong?"

"Really Superstar?" Was he seriously asking me this question?

I looked at him and saw his gaze soften as a flash of regret washed over his face.

I immediately looked away.

That was exactly why I had been trying to avoid looking at him this morning.

We ate the rest of breakfast talking to everyone but each other. It was aggravating but since he did initiate a conversation, neither was I.

"Alright, Mitch and Jack you guys are on clean up duty." Ethan said getting up from the table.

"No can do, I am too prestige for such nonsense." Mitch said lifting his arms behind his head.

Blake laughed, "Hop off that pedestal you put yourself so highly on and get your ass to work or you'll get Charlie's rage. Now. Go." She said ushering the both of them to get working.

They both groaned in annoyance but did as told. I laughed as I got up from my seat and headed to the room. Drew followed me into the room and locked the door behind him.

I turned around and crossed my arms. He walked toward me slowly and stopped so that enough space was between us.

"What is it?" I ask.

He looked at me intently before responding, "Damn it Tiger." He said right before he stalked toward me and grabbed my face in his hands where he kissed me surprising the hell out of me.

I was taken aback at first but soon responded just as he'd wanted. But before the kiss could get any deeper, I pulled away.

"What are you doing Drew?" I asked confused.

He directed his gaze to meet mine, "Damn it." He stated before walking out of the room.

"You said that already!" I shouted after him.

There was no point, I knew he wouldn't come back.

I flopped on the bed and groaned.

What is going on?!

"You tell me." I heard Ethan say form beside the bed.

Shit. Did I say that out loud?

I turned my head and saw him standing beside me with an amused expression.

"Ugh, this is why I'm single and have been single for four years now." I said stuffing my face in a pillow.

I felt a dip in the bed and the pillow was immediately removed as Ethan tossed it on the other side.

I sat up and crossed my arms.

I probably looked like a little kid who just got in trouble right now.

"Debating whether or not I want to know now considering this obviously has to do with Drew and apparently now your reasoning on being single." He said.

I pouted, "You'll never believe it if I tell you."

"Try me." He responded.

I waited a few seconds before speaking again.

"Drew kissed me." I stated simply.

I waited for his reaction but instead of reacting surprised like assumed he simply smiled at me.

"Why are you smiling at me? And why aren't you the least bit surprised? Wait do you actually believe me when I'm saying this?" I asked.

He laughed, "Oh I believe you alright. And why the hell would I not be smiling? My two best friends are following in my footsteps."

"Whoa whoa hold up. No one is following anyone."

"Okay Charlie." He said getting up from the bed.

"No! You have not helped yet sit your ass back down!" I stated yanking him from his shirt.

He chuckled as he fell back on the bed, "What do I need to resolve? You guys know what you're doing."

"Uh no we don't. Don't tell me you did either when this happened to you and Blake! I'm just as clueless as you were then only I'm a better looking clueless person." I responded.

"This is why that dumbass slept on the couch last night?" He asked laughing out loud.

I threw the pillow at him that caused him to only laugh more.

"Alright so he kissed you. What's the big deal?" He said shrugging, trying to contain his laughter.

"Everything is the big deal here idiot! We're talking about Drew here! Our best friend, MY best friend!" I stated matter-of-factly.

"And what you didn't like it?" He asked.

"No I didn't say that. But that's not the point. He's my best friend and although I should be totally freaked out that he kissed me, I'm not at all and that's the part that's freaking me out."

"You're freaked out about not freaking out about Drew kissing you. That's dumb, but its normal. When I first kissed Blake I was at first like that but I knew that it was right." He replied.

"Yeah but Drew is handling this all weirdly like he's acting normal. That's what's freaking me out too. The fact that he's acting like nothing happened making it seem like it meant nothing." I said.

"Nah, I'm telling you right now, he's just afraid that he messed up a lifelong friendship between the two of you. Once he realizes that what he did was only the best choice he'd ever made in his life, you're in for one hell of a ride." He stated as he got up, this time without me dragging him back down.

"So you don't think he regrets kissing me? Even though he said he shouldn't have done it?" I asked as he stood at the door.

He shook his head, "Definitely not a mistake for him Char. And whether you two like it or not, your relationship is about to change completely, that's what's freaking him out the most." He said laughing.

"Sorry bud, but we are not like you and Blake. This is Drew and I were talking about here." I responded.

He continued to laugh, "Exactly. You are for sure not like Blake and I at all. But that's just it. You're Charlie and he's Drew. Always have been." He said before smiling as he walked out of my room.

I let his words sink in for a little bit.

Just a few minutes ago, I had hoped he'd come to give me some sort of clarity yet my mind was more jumbled and confused than it ever was before.