Ch. 25

We shower and get ready for our day.  Today we have to pick out our invites, wedding colors, any songs we want to dance to and food. I'm nervous, I'm not even sure what I like. I've never been a girly girl, sitting around planning my future wedding never came up.

    We pull into our wedding planners office. It's all white brick with ivy climbing over the walls. It's really cute. We walk in and I see long tables with fabrics, table settings and center pieces on it. Two women come out of the back with flower arrangements in each hand. When they spot us they rush forward. One of the women is short with curly red hair pale skin and dark glasses, I'm guessing she's around thirty five. She's smiling really big and welcoming. The other women it tall slender with short brown hair, her brown eyes are not quite glaring but they're not happy, she looks a little older than me.

"Hello, I finally get to meet the bride. I'm Wendy and this is Linda."

I shake her hand, "Adelaide, nice to meet you."

I turn to Linda and she shakes my hand once and drops it. I let it go and look back at Wendy who's giving her a stern look. "She's not even supposed to be here, Wendy." Paxton says.

"I just need her help setting up the table, she's leaving."

"Why? What's wrong?" I question.

"Nothing, Linda just can't be professional and she needs to leave." Paxton answers.

"I can't believe you ended things with me to marry a country bumpkin, you made me a laughing stock. You want me to be professional? Screw you, Paxton."

My mouth drops he had a girlfriend? I look at him in shock and horror. "Don't look at me like that, it was never serious except in her mind." He replies, seriously.

"Oh really, when was the last time you were with her?" I inquire, feeling my heart racing.

"The day before he picked you out. He called me to tell me it was over and that he was getting married. I think a more appropriate question is how long were you with him, while he was with me?" She asks, crossing her arms.

"I wasn't. I swear." I answer, feeling disgusted. "Excuse me." I say, walking back out the door. I start walking down the street, I broke them up? That's means he asked me to marry him before he broke up with her. What an asshole. I feel a hand on my arm, knowing it's Paxton I elbow him, pulling out of his grip.

"Adelaide, stop. Yes I should have told you, but really she never meant anything to me."

"That doesn't make it okay, Paxton." I reply, venomously.

"What do you want me to say? I'm sorry, really I am." He pleads.

"You asked me to marry you while you had a girlfriend! What is there to say? Just take me back to your house, I'm going back home."

"No. You can't leave over that."

I look at him like he's stupid. "What am I supposed to do? Pretend it's okay? Why would you even hire Wendy knowing Linda works there?"

"It was my only option. They're the only ones to accept us on such short notice and I only got them because of a cancellation. Trust me I didn't want to hire them."

"Paxton, you had a girlfriend when you proposed that deal. You can't expect me to stay with you after learning that."

"I told you, she was not my girlfriend."
"Oh, Please. If you were sleeping with her, then she was your girlfriend. People know, don't they? She said she was a laughing stock, people think I was your dirty secret. Think about it!" I yell, getting even more upset.

"Who cares what they think?" He grumbles.

I shake my head, "I don't care, Paxton. I know what happened, but you started this. You should care what people are saying about me, because it's not true. It makes me look like a home wrecker and cheater. All thanks to you."

"I'll fix it, I'll tell l everyone the truth. They'll know that I gave you no choice."

"What's done is done, Paxton." I respond.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?" I turn to see Bryan coming out of the drug store I stopped at. Dammit!

"We were going to pick out wedding shit, but we decided to call of the whole thing instead." I answer.

"Why? Going to Vegas?" He asks, amused.

"No, I just found out Paxton asked me to marry him while he had a girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" Bryan looks confused by the word.

"Yeah, Linda."

"You were still with her...?" He stops himself and walks back into the store.

"How long were you with her for?" I ask, my heartbreaking.

"On and off for a couple months. It's not what you're making it out to be." He says frustrated. He runs his fingers through his hair. "Just forget her."

"I can't even talk to you, you're dismissing something that is so huge." I say, walking away again. I take my phone from my purse dialing Trevor. It barley rings before Paxton snatches it out of my hand and ends the call.

"We're going to discuss this, but right now we need to go make the decisions for our wedding. So, smile and pick out what you like best, then we'll go pick out the food and go back home. To our home and we'll talk about everything."

"The weddings off, take the farm do what you want with it." I hold out my hand for my phone he puts it in his jacket pocket.

"I will not let you go, ever. I admit, I was wrong but you hadn't even accepted my proposal until after I broke it off with her. So, I really didn't see the big deal. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I didn't want to ruin anything. We are so good together, I'm happy with you. I've never met anyone like you, I love you."

"You don't love me." I deny.

"Yes I do. I love everything, even your wake up calls. I honestly can't wait to wake up in the morning, even if your threatening to kill me, I still wake up happy. I do, I love you." He states, adamantly.

I shake my head, "Paxton, what do you want from me?"

"Your forgiveness. Lets start with that."

I throw my hands up, "I can't just let it go." I walk up to him and hold out my hand. Oh, God can I do this? I take a deep breath.