Chapter 44

Draco's POV:

I sit on one of Potter's couches, drinking coffee when Harry's charge walks over. He rubs his little eyes and clutches his blanket and stuffed toy. "Where Hawy?"

I shrug. "How am I supposed to know, kid? Get away from me."

He looks up at me, eyes wide. "What name?"

"I'm Draco." I answer, hoping that once I answer his questions he'll go away.

"Dwaco?" He asks, testing the new word on his tongue.

I nod and look back down at my cup of hot liquid. "Go away werewolf-baby."

Teddy studies me for a minute, I don't know what he decides but he tries to climb on the couch. Only for him to slide down and almost hit his head on the table.

He stands back up and tries again. When he gets the same result he looks up at me, expectingly. "What?" I ask. "You can do it. Not everything is going to be given to you in life. Climb up onto the couch."

He glares at me. "I can't do it!"

I laugh and shrug. "Then I guess you'll be sitting on the floor."

He stands up again and attempts to climb back up again. Somehow, he ends up half on the couch, a leg and arm are on the cushion, and half off the couch, the other arm and leg are trying to find something to push on to get up.

His eyes widen as he starts to slip back, I can see his head on the path to hit the leg of the table. I sigh and grab onto him, lifting him up and setting him on the couch.

He looks down at his legs, amazed at how he got to sitting on the couch, he glances up at me and giggles. "'Ice Dwaco."

Ice Draco? Oh, nice Draco. "Kid, why don't you go bother one of the Weasleys?" I ask him. "I don't like babies."

"I'm not a baby," he demands. "I big boy."

Now it's my turn to glare at him. "Well whatever you are. Leave me alone."

. . .

Harry's POV:

I open the door to my house to hear Teddy's laughter, something I haven't heard in a while. "Teddy? I'm home, buddy."

"Stupid baby!" I hear Draco tell. "Let go of my leg!"

I walk into the sitting room to see Draco, trying to pull up his pants and Teddy holding onto his leg like his life depended on it. Teddy is giggling, not understanding Draco's insult.

"Let go!" Draco demands trying to pry Teddy's arms from his leg.

My eyes widen. "No don't--" Draco bends down, giving Teddy the perfect opportunity to wrap his arms around Draco's neck.

When Draco stands back up Teddy is dangling from his neck. I laugh. "Seems you two did bonding."

"Hawy!" Teddy exclaims. "Dis Dwaco! Dwaco pway wif me!"

I raise an eyebrow. "He did?"

Draco glares at my godson, which I'm guessing isn't his first time doing so. "No I didn't. You pulled my hair and did many other irritating things and," he looks up at me, "I would appreciate it if you took him off my neck."

I walked over and tried to take him off but he only held onto Draco tighter. Why does he like him so much?

I sigh. "He's not coming off any time soon. Just put your arm under his legs and wait. I guess you're staying for dinner? And how are--?"

He takes hold of Teddy's legs and sighs. "They're fine. For now. Your wife needs to hold her tongue when around Harrison. It's like she's trying to get herself bloody killed."

I freeze in my place. "What? He's trying to kill her?! Why didn't you say anything before?!"

"Calm down Potter." He says trying to get Teddy off still. "I said she is trying. She mouths off at him and he doesn't like that."

"Wh-what has he done to her?" I ask, storming over to him. "You didn't say anything about torturing."

He studies me for a moment then says, "get him off my neck and we'll talk."

I grab hold of Teddy and tickle his armpits. He giggles and brings his arms back to shield them. "Teddy go up to your room and play, please."

"Hawy--" he starts to complain but I stop him.

"Go."

He huffs and storms up the stairs, which is hard because it takes him so long to do stairs.

I look back at Draco. "What has he done?"

"Well..." He starts. "From what I gathered from their argument, Ginny and Molly I mean, he used the torture curse on Ginny and he has slapped her... a couple times."

I swallow hard and fall against the chair. "What?! Why didn't you say anything?"

He shrugs. "You didn't ask."

"I shouldn't have to bloody ask! You should have told me!" I yell.

He scoffs. "And you'd do what? Ginny can handle herself. She's punched him twice since I've been 'helping' him."

. . .

Ginny's POV:

I lay on the floor when Draco walks in. "Hello." He says.

"Go fûck yourself." I answer him, starring at the celling.

He laughs. "Now what do you think Harry would say if he heard you saying those things."

"Good job, love. Perhaps." I shrug. "Why do you care?"

"Oh, I don't. Just... be careful, Ginny."

I roll over on my side to face him, "is that a threat?"

"No, it's a fact. You need to be careful or Teddy may be left motherless. Again." He looks me directly in my eyes.

I storm over to him and push him against the wall. "Don't ever say something like that again! Ever!"

He nods. "I'm sorry. I went to far."

I nod and sit down next to mum who is sleeping. I set her head in my lap. "How are they? Harry, Teddy and everyone else?"

Draco scoffs. "Why should I tell you?" I don't look up at him, I just stroke mum's hair. The number of gray hairs is almost more than her red ones. He sighs. "Harry is... stable enough. Teddy misses you. And so does everyone else."

I nod. "How's my dad. Is he alright? My mum worries about him."

He hesitates before nodding. "Tell her she has nothing to worry about when she wakes up."

I nod and whisper, "thank you."

•_•

So how was that guys? I know I said I probably wouldn't update but now felt so bad so I did!

Ta-da!

Did you guys like it? It was a bit... lighter this time. Not quite so dark and sad.

And guys! I posted that I have 70K like 3 weeks ago! And I'm at 83K! That's amazing guys. Thanks so much I love you guys so much!

I'm starting school tomorrow and I have a swim meet in Thursday so I'll see when I'll be able to update next.

I love you guys!

Thanks for all your support!

💜Rachel