Pilot

Chapter 1: Pilot

"Angelica!"

I paused my phone and pulled an earbud out of my ear. "What?" I called back to my mom from my bed.

"Mom?" I called again once I got no answer.

I wait a second before putting down my phone and dropping my headphones besides me. "Ugh. Coming!" I yell as I stood up from my bed and head to the kitchen where I found my 8 year old brother, Reece, doing homework and my mom cooking dinner.

"Yes?" I smile sweetly as I glance at what she was making.

Pasta. My favorite.

"Can you help your brother with homework?" She asked or more like ordered, without looking up at me as she continued to make the Alfredo sauce.

I sighed before sitting next to him. "Sure."

It's not like I have anything better to do like watch supernatural or anything. Oh wait... I do.

I sat down next to my brother and saw that he had his math homework out. It was simple math, adding and subtracting mostly. "Okay, what do you need help with?"

He pointed at two random problems that hadn't been solved yet. "Maybe ask dad when he gets here. I'm not good at explaining." I say, trying to get out of helping so I could get back to my show.

I mean Dean just died. I had to get back to it to know what happens next.

As I begin to get up out of the seat and head to my room my mom stops me.

"Angelica Jessica Monroe. You help your brother and you do it right."

I froze in my tracks as she said my full name.

Oh gosh.

When she calls me by my full name I better do what she says. Believe me, no one wants to see what happens if I don't.

"Okay, okay." I put my hands up in surrender and sit back down to help my brother with his homework. Properly this time.

By the time I was done helping him out I heard a car park outside.

Dads home.

Seconds later my dad walks through the front door and I stand up to greet him. "Hey dad." I hug him loosely, kissing him on the cheek. He responds with a kiss on the cheek back and walks over to my mom to give her a kiss.

Awe how gross.

I start walking towards my room when my mom calls out to me.

"Someone's coming over for dinner! Dress into something nice!"

"Okay!" I turned towards the bathroom instead of my room to take a quick shower. I had just bought a new shampoo and conditioner that I was excited to try out.

After my shower I went to my room to dry up and then got dressed into a denim dress with little white Eiffel towers all around it and brown combat boots.