Date night: Part 2

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it."
-Groucho Marx

Recap:

"Hey look its Shane and what's her face!" I looked up and saw Britney pointing at us, and next to her, as her date, stood Cole.

The words he said next killed me. "Were going to sit with them."

Chapter 6: Date night: part 2

The waiter glanced at Shane, as if asking if that was okay. He shrugged and nodded and the waiter quickly grabbed two chairs, pulling them up to the table. Now it was Shane next to Britney that's across from Cole who was sitting next to me.

"Hey Shane." She smiles leaning in giving him a hug.

"Hey Brit." He grinned at her.

"Hey can I talk to you?" I looked to Britney. She nodded sweetly as she stood up.

"We'll be back guys." She gripped Shane's shoulders and patted it softly before passing me. I got up following her to the restroom. I made sure no one was in there before turning to her.

I already knew this was going to turn ugly.

She was facing the mirror, putting on lipstick.

"Why are you doing this? You know I like Shane. I've had a crush on him since forever."

"I know, that's why I'm doing it." She moved her lips together. Before closing her lipstick. "You don't deserve him." She fixed up her lipstick. "You don't deserve anyone. Not after what you did." She spat out as she turned to me.

I frowned knowing she was right. But I couldn't let her win. "She did what she did. I just did what she told me to! I was trying to be a good sister." I defend myself as my eyes start to water.

"A good sister? How? By getting her killed?" She got closer.

"It was her decision to do what she did. I couldn't stop her even if I wanted to. You know how she was. Plus, I didn't see you trying to stop her. If I remember correctly; you were having a blast when it happened!"

She stayed silent. Her face turned red, her hands were in fists and she looked ready to kill. But I didn't stop, I added on to her fire.

"Who's to say it wasn't your fault? Maybe you could have stopped her yourself if you weren't sleeping around."

I instantly regret what I said as I saw the look on her face. It was a look of hurt, mixed with rage. I instantly went to apologize. "I'm s-"

I was cut off as my head turned to the side at full force and I quickly cupped my cheek. My eyes widened as I looked at the floor. She slapped me.

"How dare you. How fucking dare you. I was her best friend, you bitch." She spat out with a glare. "It was all your fault." She gave me one last look before she left the restroom.

I was still in shock from the slap. I was frozen. I couldn't move. She's right, it was and still is my fault, if I had done something she'd still be here, and she'd still be alive.

I looked at myself in the mirror. There was a tear running down my cheek. I flinched as I ran my hand over my cheek. It was a bit noticeable from the makeup but I did my best to pat it down to make it look normal.

That's going to leave a bruise.

I stopped crying after a minute or two and got some concealer out, from the inside of my jean jacket. I put a bit on my cheek where it smudged up a bit. I wasn't about to leave even though my mind was yelling, 'Leave, before something else happens!'