My eyes automatically started searching for a certain someone. Would he bid on me? I guess I got the answer when Lilly walked in from one of the dressing rooms, looking exceptionally beautiful in a red foot long flowy gown complimented with dark red lipstick and red 3 inch heels, clearly making her stand out infront of my dull baby pink gown and nude heels almost the same color as my dress.

"Do you see him?" She screeched excitedly.

"Him?"

"Yeah, Adrian!" I raised my eyebrow.

"Your boss! Like the guy who is supposed to bid on me." She said in a tone which said 'ain't it obvious.'

"Do you know anyone that you're gonna bid on?" Lilly asked in a curious tone. " I mean, you are going to bid right?"

"Yep, it's an obligation for me. I know the host personally and she wants me to bid on someone. And I have no idea who to bid on. I'll just bid on you then."

Of course he's going to bid on her. What was I even expecting, he was toying with my feelings once again.

"I haven't seen him." I mumbled softly and walked to one of the empty seats.

Today was going to be a long day. Night actually, since it was nearly 10 pm. When was the god-dam bidding even going to start. I really wanted to get this over with. I shivered at the possibility of getting selected by an old hag then having to go on a date with him. Yikes!

After a long long while Mrs Burette entered.

"Okay girls, everyone's here. The guys have gathered and are ready with their paychecks. I'm sorry none of you got to mingle with anyone or eat anything at all, but just a couple of minutes then you may enjoy the buffet outside with your guys." She said with a wink causing me to scoff while most of the girls just sighed dreamily.

"I'll announce your names with a bit of a spiced up description. Stay on your heels." She said marching back outside.

Dressed in a royal blue gown, Samantha walked to me with a look of urgency on her face. "Here you are Emily, if you meet my step-" Before Samantha could finish her sentence, her name was called out. She muttered an 'oh well' and left for the stage. Step?

"Here we have Samantha Burette. The only daughter of the host of today's event! Yep, you're all looking at my daughter! And just like her me, she has worked for so many charity organisations." The description went on for what seemed like hours. Then the time for bidding came.

"$30K." Someone yelled. Of course I had no idea who that was because I was backstage.

"$35K."

The bid continued for a long while before someone said "150K." which was followed by silence and gasps.

"$150K! Anyone willing to go higher?" Came Mrs Burette's voice. After a moment of silence she asked the man who offered $150K to come up on the stage and take her daughter away for the date unless they wish to stay here.

Wow... $150, 000 from $30K. Well she was Samantha, no surprise there.

Suddenly I didn't feel like going on the stage at all. What if the men refused to bid a single penny on me. That would be really awkward.

I bit my lips as several other names were called. None of the girls being bid at anything less than $70K. Noone could beat Samantha's mark of $150K though.

"Shit, I'm feeling so nervous!" yelled a random girl in a yellow gown, as she took a seat next to me. "I'm Elena."

"I'm Emily and I'm feeling so hungry!" I yelled in the same tone as her. She just looked at me weirdly and left after giving me an awkward smile.