Not so Loyal of a Lover

Start from the beginning

            Laverne and Keith went to the campus after breakfast. Evan still had football practice and promised to meet Laverne after that, and for the meanwhile the two of them planned on walking around the campus.

            "So, do you remember anything?" Laverne asked Keith as they walked around the campus. They've seen many things, many groups of students, but none of them made Keith remember anything, not even a small detail.

            "No, I don't think I'll remember anything by just walking around." He said.

            "It would be a lot easier if you have a solid body. I could just hit you in the head, and you might remember something." Laverne said quite seriously.

            "Huh...?" Keith reacted.

            "I've seen it on TV." Laverne said convincingly with a mischievous smile.

            Keith chuckled. Laverne seemed to be making him feel better after not remembering anything. "You watch too much TV." Keith said.

            They were walking around when suddenly a Frisbee come flying in. It went towards Keith and simply passed through him hitting Laverne on the head instead. Keith chuckled.

A male student came running towards them. "I'm sorry. Are you alright?" The student said apologetically.

"Alright?" Laverne suddenly said in an irritated tone. "Hey, you just hit me on the head, and you're asking me if I'm alright. Of course not, it hurts!" Laverne said sharply. Keith was still not used to hearing the innocent-looking Laverne talk like talk. "If I hit you on the head right now, do you think you'll be alright?!" Laverne's eyes were fierce at first and then mellowed. "It really hurts..." He said in a mellow tone with a puppy look in his eyes.

The student was stunned when he saw Laverne's expression. "I'm really sorry. I'll do anything, just forgive me."

"Then, could you tell us where Cara Morrison might be?" Laverne said in an innocent voice. The student look confused at first. "Don't you know her?" In the end the student pointed them to the auditorium where Cara might be practicing for a school musical. "See, I told you my face is really useful." Laverne told Keith as they walked away.

"Hey, Keith." Laverne suddenly said. "Is it hard, being a ghost?" Laverne's tone was serious.

"Well, not really. I think having no memories while I was still alive helps. I mean, I don't miss doing anything, or eating any food, but sometimes I feel really lonely. Since I don't have anyone to talk to before, it's get really lonely at times. That's why I'm really happy that I met you." He said truthfully.

"What about the other ghosts, don't you talk to them?" Laverne asked.

            "Ghosts don't really like to talk to each other, so most of the times I'm all alone." He said with wry smile. He noticed Laverne looking at him sadly. "Why?" He asked.

            Suddenly Laverne gave him a beautiful smile. "From now on you don't have to be alone, you won't be sad anymore either, because you have me. You have me to talk to, and I'll be with you every time, so don't be sad anymore." Laverne said and then smiled again. Keith's heart started to beat fast as he heard what Laverne said. He was simply so happy to hear that Laverne would be his friend, that Laverne would stay with him. "I'll be your friend, so always stay with me, don't ever leave me."

            I am a ghost, I don't have a heart. But why do I feel like my heart just stopped beating for a moment? Why do I feel that my heart is going to burst in happiness? Why am I so happy to hear Laverne say that? Keith asked himself.