Not so Loyal of a Lover

Start from the beginning

            "It's the first time you ever said that to me." Laverne was in daze.

            "Hey, don't tell me you'll believe him that easily. Don't you know how easy it is for men like him to say those words? They say it to anyone." Keith complained closely to Laverne's ear. But Laverne was surprisingly calm.

            "I'm sorry, for taking this long to say that. I didn't have the confidence before." Evan said.

            "What a blatant lie!" Keith complained, but Laverne wasn't even paying attention. Keith couldn't help but get angry with the sight of Laverne getting swayed by that man easily. "Are you really going to be swayed that easily?"

            In the end, Laverne did get swayed. Keith was totally forgotten and the two looked happy together. They looked so in love. Evan would feed Laverne with his food and they would even hold hands as they eat. And Keith was very irritated by the whole thing. He didn't want Evan touching Laverne at all.

            "I can't believe you got swayed that easily, after everything you said last night when you were dunk." Keith complained when Evan was gone.

            Laverne took his phone before replying. "I know already, I'm weak. There are still a lot of things that I want to say. But after hearing him say he loves me for the first time made me forget everything. Besides, I didn't feel like he was lying at all."

            "But that doesn't mean that he's telling the whole truth. Of course you wouldn't feel that you're being lied to, you're so blindly in love with that man." Keith complained as he sat on the chair in in front of Laverne. "So what now, are you two going to be lovely couple from now on?"

            "Not really." Laverne said in a depressed tone. "I still can't deny the fact that he wants to keep our real relationship a secret." Laverne told Keith everything that happened the day before and Keith understood what Evan was feeling.

            "He wasn't lying when he said he loves you. Let's pretend that I believe that for now. But, with what I heard, I don't see him telling anyone that you really are lovers and not cousins any time soon. He's using Cara as a beard to affirm his masculinity. To put it bluntly, he is ashamed to be with someone of the same sex." Keith said as nicely as he could.

            "I know that. I guess I really am his dirty little secret..." Laverne said sadly.

            "The question is; how long could be his dirty little secret?" Keith asked.

            "I don't want it to be that way for long. I don't to be a secret forever. I want to express my feelings freely, but it's obvious that he didn't want that." Laverne said with a grin. "What I'm saying is I won't let it be that way." He said in a meaningful tone.

            "Don't tell me that you're going to reveal the truth to his friends." Keith was alarmed. That would be a really bad idea.

            "What? Are you crazy? Keith would hate me if I do that, that's why I'll make him reveal it himself." Laverne said with a grin. Keith was scared with that meaningful smile. He knew that Laverne was up to no good.

            "And how do you plan on doing that?" Keith asked.

            "We'll get to that later. For now we should focus on getting rid of Cara. And ohh, it would be good if you look around the campus really carefully, you might remember something." Laverne said. Keith felt glad that Laverne hadn't forgotten about him. He was afraid that Laverne would forget about helping him and would focus on Evan.