Jasmine (Chapter 26)

This past year and a half things have not gotten better. Malcolm was suspended for fighting. The twins are crying a lot more. Derrick has been training us like dogs. Rachel has been secluded to the house, because of the twins and is a little snappy.

The good thing is Ghost hasn't been killing, but he's been leaving the house late at night. And we're getting close to finally taking down the agency.

Luckily, it's Saturday and I'm doing what I'm always doing: training.

I dance in the ring with Derrick and this time we aren't fighting to hurt each other. He's giving me pointers.

"I can tell which is your strong hand." Derrick informs after he sweeps my leg with most of my weight and I fall to the ground.

I grunt as I hit the floor then look at him.

"I taught you how not to do that!" He demands.

"I know, it's just hard!" I hiss, getting up.

"Just do it and it won't be."

I nod, then come with a punch. He dodges then I come with a series of kicks. He grabs my leg and I grab the back of his neck for dear life. I drop my body weight to the floor and flip him over the shoulder.

He hits the ground with a thud and smiles up at me.

"That was great!" He praises.

Ghost comes downstairs and Derrick's smile diminishes a little.

"We're training." Derrick informs, getting up.

"Rachel said she needs you." Ghost informs.

He nods and goes upstairs.

Ghost walks over to me and pulls me close.

"I can't wait to put a baby in you." He whispers teasingly.

I laugh. "Don't say things like before I even have a ring."

He chuckles, then his phone rings. Nadia's name pops up and he frowns. "I gotta take this." He instructs, answering the phone.

He and Nadia have been communicating more, but it seems more personal now. He refuses to talk to me about it, and he assures it's nothing to worry about.

"What do you want me to do?" He asks frustrated. "Nadia, I can't. I'm busy and I'm needed here. I don't want to say that I don't care, but I don't!"

"Ghost?"

"I'll call you back." He hisses at her.

"Talk to me." I plead.

"It's nothing." He assures.

"Then tell me if it's nothing." I argue.

"Jasmine!" Derrick yells.

"Yes?" I hiss.

"Rachel and I are going out. I need you to watch Malcolm and the twins." Derrick answers.

"When will you be back?" I ask.

"When I get back." He answers with a smirk.

I nod, with a small smile.

Rachel comes down with the twins in her arms and hands them to me.

"Okay. They should get hungry in a few hours, there is food in our room. Okay, bye." Rachel quickly says.

They walk out of the door in a rush.

"I know what they were going to do." Ghost chuckles.

I roll my eyes. "Well, since I'm with the twins, you should start on lunch."