Chapter 12

The three of us make our way back upstairs.

"Malcolm, go downstairs and tell the lady at the desk we want an early check out."

He nods and runs downstairs.

Ghost leans towards me and pushes me up against the door.

We share personal space and he rests his head on the crook of my neck.

"Who do you choose?" He asks as I wrap my arms around his waist.

"You said a week."

"I said that because I knew it wouldn't take you that long." He smirks.

I scoff.

"Who?" He asks.

"Ghost, you know I've always loved you."

"So is it me then?"

"I'm not sure."

He sighs. "Let me put it like this. Who is the one person you would take with if you were to run away?"

"God."

"Okay well who is the person you want to hold you at night?"

"God."

"Who is someone you couldn't live without?"

"God." I answer.

He chuckles. "I almost forgot how religious you can be."

"I'm trying to rub it off on you."

"Will you be with me?" He asks bluntly.

"I'm always with you."

"No, I mean as mine."

"I'm not a piece of furniture." I demand.

"Well will you be my girl?" He chuckles.

"Why should I?" I ask.

"Because, you mean a lot to me and I want you to be mine."

"You haven't even told me that you love me." I counter, knowing he hates when I talk about it.

It's true though, he would say he loved me or other stuff in the past tense, but other than that, he hasn't said it in present tense.

"I said it when I was declaring my feelings to you."

"No, you said you never felt like this before. You said you never met a girl like me, and that you didn't want to be without me. It's been three years and never did the words 'I love you' come from your mouth."

Ghost looks at me with pure anger and irritation. I don't back down, I give him that same intensity back.

"Baby Girl, I really do want you in my life, and you know what my feelings are for you."

"Admit it, you're afraid of commitment." I argue.

"Am not!" He growls slamming his forearm down on the door and coming closer to me.

"Say it then." I urge.

"Jasmine..."

"Say it and I'll break up with Andre officially. You have to understand if, I'm giving up my partner for you, which I am willing to do, then I need to be a hundred and ten percent sure your with me until the end. Say it!"

His lips are in a tight frown. They don't look like they're going to say what I want to hear. We stare at each other, both waiting on the other to say something, but then we hear footsteps running down the hall.

Malcolm is the source of them. "I told them." He announces. He looks at Ghost. "Why are you on her like that? Leave room for Jesus." I laugh and go in the room.