Chapter 24 (Derrick)

"Adi, how are you feeling."

"Tired as hell." She mutters.

I pick up Aaliyah and take a picture, then I do the same with Arshi.

A nurse comes in and goes right to Adi with wide eyes.

"Your Majesty?" The nurse asks.

"No, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Jahi will praise the Gods." She cheers.

I shut the door. I'll be damned if I let anyone find out.

The nurse looks at me. "This is your husband? You have commitments to Jahi."

I can tell she cringed at his name.

"I had commitments which didn't apply since I ran away. I love this man more than I could ever dream of loving Jahi." Adi informs.

"Your Majesty-"

"Does not want to talk about it anymore. You found me, you found I was unhappy with Jahi and I found a man to make me happy. I was a princess and your job was to make me happy. I would be ecstatic if you kept this between us."

"Yes, your Majesty." The nurse answers then bows.

I stifle a laugh. That explains a lot. Adi always acted high maintenance her first few years here.

"Now if you have any questions about my life you may ask." Adi answers.

"Do you have any other children?" She asks.

"Yes. I have a daughter named Jasmine and a son named Malcolm."

"We have a king!" The nurse cheers.

"I am not going back to India, besides I heard my sister Dea is Queen with a son."

When and where did she hear this? I do not always like it when Adi gets her head back to India. She becomes home sick and wants nothing more than to go back and we can't.

"Yes, but the people do not like her. Many are trying to escape her husband's tyranny."

"I am truly sorry for that, but can you continue to talk me how India had changed." Adi asks.

"Of course, Your Majesty."

"Adi, is it okay if I step out?"

"Yes. I love you."

"Love you too."

I step out of the room and make a call.

"Derrick?"

"Mike, come find me."

"I'm already looking. You know how much money I can get by killing you."

I chuckle dryly. "That's probably why I got the girl."

"You can have her. I wouldn't have been up for this fucking bounty."

"Just get your ass down here and-"

"Turn you in, cool."

"You can't. You owe me remember."

He is silent for a few minutes. This fucker is slimy, but he sticks to his word. "I'll be there on a few."

I glance behind me and see a nurse heading towards me. She keeps her head down, but it's useless. I would recognize that body anywhere.

I run to her and fling her into the closet bathroom.

"You tried to fucking kill me Agnus!" I roar pinning her to the wall.

She knees me to get out of my grip. "You should have realized that I am the one for you. Damn it! We've been doing this for years now, Derrick, and I was never going to kill you."