Chapter 3

Dedicated to my editor Katie.

Andre had been staying here since we got the news. We haven't been to school in maybe a week or so, but we've kept up our training.

We decided not to mope around, knowing nobody could benefit from that.

"Jasmine!" Andre calls me.

I swiftly go to him.

"I'm going to go to the store. When I get back, we'll train."

"Ok." I answer, wondering why he had to call me all the way upstairs.

We walk downstairs and he takes my hand. "J.F.A.H.B. will be here by the time I get back."

"I know," I respond, "but why are they coming over here again?"

He shrugs, before pecking my lips and heads out of the door.

I go to my room and start my pull ups. The first fifty I do the regular chin ups, then I switch between both hands.

My hands become raw and sweaty, and I love it. Feelings keep me alive, like I hope and pray Derrick is. I don't care what he feels, if it's torture from terrorists, his leg crushed under a boulder, or firing off a gun and escaping. I just need him alive.

I begin going faster, and I finally stop and shake out my arms.

"Linda, I request a call to Derrick Ross." I inform.

There's no answer.

"Linda!"

I quickly walk over to my closet and open my weapons closet.

I grab my hair clips, my bracelets, lipstick that will numb the attacker, and a couple more items I will need.

I grab a bag and run to Andre's room. I quickly open his weapons closet and fill the bag and sling it over my shoulder.

I go into Derrick's room, block out the memories in here and go straight to his TV. I place my hand on it and the screen flips up, revealing billions of dollars and some gold.

If this is what I think it is Andre and I will need all of it. I stuff everything into my bag and put it back over my back.

I hear the doorbell ring, and grab the gun from the dining table.

I creep towards the door and look through the key hole. I open the door and snatch him in here.

"Damn it Treyvon! You shouldn't have come here."

"What's with the gun?" He asks, "Is it because of that guy? If he hit you I swear..."

"No damn it, he didn't hit me now be quiet." I demand slamming the door and carefully walking, using the wall as my cover to any windows and finally to the phone.

I put the phone up to my ear. "Andre, off, back."

"Ok I'm on my way." He answers then we hang up.

I walk back over to Treyvon. I point my gun. "Now what do you want? Why are you here?"

"Damn Jasmine, what has he done to you!" He asks, and this time I don't drop my eyes to the floor. "He has changed you."

"This is me, and I don't understand why you're here." I demand. "You're with Melena."

I motion him forward and push him towards the basement, not waiting for his answer.

"Treyvon, listen, stay down here and don't come back up until I come get you." I instruct, shoving him in the basement.