Chapter 1

I quickly grab my books from my locker. I toss my hair back so it won't get caught in the locker. I start walking to my class.

I glance down at my watch, silently thanking God that day is almost over.

I know Derrick would be on the computer soon, looking up my grades. I cuss to myself, knowing I failed a math test. I already have a B- in that class and he warned me if it gets any lower I won't be able to leave the house.

"Just find a computer." I tell myself, knowing that I can easily hack into the school system.

I began walking a little faster. I roll my sleeves up on my giant hoodie, because I'm getting a little sweaty. I bump into someone. Immediately my eyes drop to the ground.

"Watch where you're going!" Melena demands.

I roll my eyes and I don't even have to look at her to know she's hanging off Treyvon Johnson's arm.

She doesn't even know that he calls me every night to get with me. I mean yeah, Treyvon Johnson and I had sex and nothing changed, but I wasn't the slightest bit upset about it. He can think he used me, but not really. He's my booty call, I will never be his. I only know his name because he's all the school talks about.

I've never liked Melena. She is a few inches shorter than me with an extremely thin body. Her body is so small, that she has no curves. She's flat like pancakes on both sides. All she really had going for her is her personality, and that's not really working. She can't go a day without makeup, even if her life depended on it.

"Sorry." I mutter, moving past them.

I make it to my classroom, throw my bags at my desk, and run for a computer in the back of the class.

I quickly login with a fake name, and it takes me seconds to get into my math teacher's account and make my failed test a B-.

I log out and smirk as I walk to my desk. I feel my phone buzz and I quickly take it out hoping it's not Derrick.

I roll my eyes when I see who the text is from.

BootyCall: hey bae. My house tonight?

Me: No my house, the usual time.

BootyCall: I can't. Just come over after school.

Me: no... and u know what? today isn't a good day anyway.

I press send and then turn my phone off.

The teacher comes in and begins teaching AP Chemistry. I zone in and out not, really caring right now.

The principal comes in class and announces. "Jasmine, your father is here to take you to a doctor's appointment."

I sigh, knowing that's not the case. Derrick is here and my principal always comes to get me, because he works with Derrick's job on the side.

"Europe, Andre, shut down." The principal whispers, keeping his eyes forward.

We get to his office and Derrick is already sitting in a chair. He turns and smiles at me. He's a tall, slender man with dark brown skin and darker eyes.

"I'm ready for the doctor." I tell him.

He nods understanding what I mean, and we head out the office.

"Jasmine, don't hack into our servers again." The principal demands.

I cuss as Derrick grabs my arm.

Once outside of the school we get into Derrick's Mercedes. As soon as the door closes, he starts ranting.

"So you hack into the school server just to change a math grade!"