Chanter 21

I walk inside the school and see Malcolm is waiting for me. He runs to me and I pick him up.

"I see you missed me."

He nods and drops down to the floor. Ghost comes by my side and messes up his hair.

"Let's head home." He suggests, slipping his hand through mine.

I squeeze his hand and extend my other hand to Malcolm as we cross the street.

We head home using memory from this morning. I look back and notice a car turning at the end of the block where we are.

The people in the car look at us and study us as they turn. I have never seen them before in my life. I grip Malcolm's hand tighter and walk faster.

"Are they following us?"

I nod and pull him forward. I let go of Ghost's hand and twist my ring and it turn into a small gun.

Ghost pushes us to a fence.

"Come on hop it!" He demands.

Malcolm and I do with ease and I look back at him. He grabs his gold chain and it turns into a shot gun. I will admit he looks sexy and powerful with that gun and the right sunlight.

He smirks and kisses me through the fence. "I'll meet you back at the house. I'll take care of this just get home."

I nod and turn to Malcolm as Ghost runs off.

"Come on, get on my back." I tell him.

He climbs on my back and wraps his arms around my neck and his legs around my waist.

I run as fast as I can. Only after minutes I feel his grip slipping.

"Hold on."

"Jasmine! They're coming!"

I glance back and see a car running into the fence.

"Shit!"

I hand Malcolm my gun.

"But I only use these for practice!" He tells me.

"You won't make another practice if you don't shoot!" I demand.

I run faster, but I know the car is gaining on us.

I hear shots ringing and the car serving. I can't look back or I'll slow down. We're approaching the end of the golf course and a shot hits my leg.

"Fuck!" I yell limping.

"I'm out of bullets!"

I had him another ring. "Now stop them this time! Think and hit the driver then the tires!"

Five shots ring out.

"Jasmine watch out!"

I look back and the car lost control and is spinning towards us. I can't out run that.

I snatch my necklace and squeeze it in my hand. Metal armor spreads all over body and tightens when it's secure. I snatch Malcolm off my back and hold him to my chest and turn my back to the car.

The car hits my back. I do my best not to move and not to listen to Malcolm's screams, then the front hits me. I glance and see it crashes into a tree beside us.

I stand and flip Malcolm back into my back and limp forward. I mutter praises of thanks as we exit the golf course.

I look around and see a burgundy car drive past us with the words, "We've got Rachel." On the back window.

I cuss and Malcolm's grip tightens around me. I take the gun from him and shoot at the tires.

I take out the back and limp forward. Five guys come out.