Chapter 8

I stumble upstairs, as my body shakes with each step. My muscles have never been more tired. Derrick won't let us take the elevator.

The boys are behind me, and just as exhausted. I hope it's true what they say, that the first day of training is the hardest.

I sadly had combat training today. At least Derrick didn't make us do everything at the same time, on the same day.

Treyvon looks like crap, he must have had fear training today. Rachel is carrying Malcolm.

"Malcolm is first in the shower, so he can go to bed." Rachel declares.

I open the door to our room.

"Jasmine, you will go next. You and the guys will go see Ghost."

I nod and flop down on the couch. The guys pass out on the other furniture.

I close my eyes and go to sleep. I tell myself I'll get up in ten minutes.

Once I get up, I feel proud I actually got up when I said I would.

I look, and see the guys are still out cold. I glance outside, and see the sun is high in the sky.

I creep forward, not wanting to wake them. I reach the door and slowly turn the handle, so Derrick won't be able to hear me from the master bedroom.

I turn the knob and slowly open it.

"Where are you going?" Derrick asks, standing on the hallway with a smirk.

"You waited for me?"

He chuckles. "Not exactly." He answers, and pushed me back inside.

He slams the door and the guys wake up. Rachel comes out of the room with a hand behind her back.

I'm impressed she was ready for anything. Derrick offers her a nod of approval, and wraps his arm around her waist.

The guys come to my side, and I glare at Derrick for waking them up. I want to see Ghost alone. I handled it last time and I can handle it again.

"Andre and Treyvon," he says, keeping ahis eyes on me, "you will go with Jasmine."

I open my mouth to protest.

"That's a command." He barks. Derrick hands out ear pieces to us all, while keeping fierce eye contact with me.

"Come on." Treyvon advises.

We walk out of the building in silence.

"Where do we go?" Treyvon asks.

"He's in the lower part of the city."

"Okay, so how the hell do we get there?" He asks.

"Good question Treyvon." Derrick praises through the head phones, "This is your first mission Treyvon, and for the other's it's your first without Linda. Find your own way to Ghost, and get our new identities. Avoid cameras."

"But Derrick," Treyvon comments.

"That is all." Derrick assures.

"Okay this is what will happen, we will take a car and get there." Andre plans.

"I'm not good with hot wiring. One wrong move and the car might catch on fire." I tell him.

"I know how." Treyvon answers.

"No no, you haven't had any practice." Andre declines.

"My dad is an engineer and I am, I mean was, lead on taking over his company. So, I've been around cars and dealt with them since I was six."