Chapter 9- Over The Edge And Falling Off

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the votes and comments on the last chapter!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS SOO MUCH!! So, I made this a bit longer!! 

So,...can i have 13 votes? and 7 comments? PLEASE??

_________________________________________________________________

Chapter 9- Over The Edge And Falling Off

(Liam's P.O.V)

It's been almost a week Zayn had to work overtime at the station. He often misses his dinner with us, and most importantly, he often misses him and Niall's bathe time. And Niall wasn't very happy with it. I had to coax a grumpy Niall to bathe with Harry and Louis and luckily, Louis always managed to coax his little grumpy brother. Zayn would come home when it was nearly midnight, looking worn-out as ever, and leave early in the morning. This worries me a lot; I didn't want Zayn to push himself too hard, and I don't want him to be sick. No matter how much Zayn tried to assure me that he was fine, I knew that he was lying to make feel better. Hell, I don't even need to be a mind reader to know that. The pale complexion, bags under his eyes and the tiredness lacing his voice didn't go unnoticeable. Being a good husband, I would wait until he got home from work, and wake up earlier to make coffee for him and if he had time to spared, I would make breakfast for him. But I was still worried and the only way for me to stop worrying is Zayn taking a break. Niall, Harry and Louis missed him. I miss my husband. Niall missed bathing with him, Harry misses Zayn singing to him, and Louis missed Zayn helping him with his homework. I tried not to add anymore unneeded stress for Zayn. I knew that once he is done with this case, I'm sure or will make sure that he'll take a break. Even for a few days. I've never seen him so worked up on a case before, most probably it got something to do with his promotion.

I didn't have any classes today and the weather was absolutely wonderful today so I decided that it would be nice to take the kids to the park and have a small picnic there. It would help them especially Niall, to take their mind of their Papa. They were more than happy when I break the news to them. Louis was just happy that he didn't need to go to kindergarten. I was packing the picnic basket when my phone rang, I answered without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello?”

“Hey Li!” El's cherry voice spoke through the phone.

“Oh hey El! This is quite the surprise. Do you miss me or something?” I joked.

“No,... I bearly even remembered that you even existed, but I do miss the boys, how are they?”

“Ouch, touche El. The boys are fine, great actually. I'm taking them to the park today. Care to join us, love?”

“Tempting,....hmmm,” El pretended to think; she couldn't possibly reject an offer to see the boys. “Okay fine, if you insists, and since you begged,” El laughed at her own joke “Plus, I have that thing you want,”

“The boys' files?!” I asked excitedly. I've been asking El to find the boys case file, to know where did they come from and what happened to their real parents. I only knew a little bit about them like their birthday and stuff but nothing more than that. And since El worked at the social welfare department, I just thought she could help me digging into their history. I could not deny the fact that one day, when they grow up, the will ask the dreaded question and I will, as much as I hated it, have to tell them the truth.

“Yes, we'll talk about it later yeah?”

“Sure El, and thank you,”

“No problem Li, so, which park am I meeting you guys?”