Chapter 23

Brooklynn

It's was finally prom night and I was all did up and ready. It was 5:00 and we have to be at the school by 6 for it. We graduate and walk the stage tomorrow also. I'm so excited because my life of adult hood is just beginning. Kayden should be coming by in a few minutes. His mom ordered a limo and all this different stuff but their type rich so ...

There was a knock on the door and my aunt answered it. Kayden stepped in. I hugged him and he said hi to my aunt as did his mom. He complemented how beautiful.

"Thanks" I blushed a little

"Here" he placed a corsage on my wrist. The flowers were red, it was beautiful.

"This is so beautiful. Thanks" I was so over joyed inside I couldn't contain myself.

"No problem"

"Sweetie you look beautiful" Ms.Tanya said staring at me

"Thanks"

"You do" my aunt Sandra said. She wiped her eyes and looked away "Your father would be so proud"

I looked away and bit my lip trying to hold back tears. I felt Kayden grab my hand and rub it. My heart ached thinking my dad couldn't be here or my sister and mom wouldn't see me go through this important chapter in my life.

"Autie... don't your gonna make me cry" I looked at her crying

"I'm sorry." She sighed "I just wish he could be here"

"me too" I looked at Kayden so my mind would leave the touching subject

"You gonna be okay?" he asked me

I nodded and sniffed. "I'm fine"

"I love you babe and have a good time" aunt Sandra said hugging me

"I love you too" I hugged her back

We both pulled away and I sighed then walked out with Kayden. We got into the limo and I sat close to him. I don't think I'll have a good time because the only thing that stuck on my mind was my dad not being able to be here with me. He always said I was his baby girl. I miss him so much.

"You sure you okay baby"

I looked at Kayden. I didn't say anything for awhile then I shook my head no. He grabbed me and held me. My eyes were watery but I kept it back best I can. I laid my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. My love is what he is and I feel like now it's true.

"He's looking over you. I'm 100% positive that he's proud of who you've become. Your great and have been nothing but a blessing so I know he looking down smiling at you. You're a Angel of mines and I think him for having a princess like you on this earth. I promise I won't hurt you and I wanna be yours and only yours. I love you so much princess" he spoke in my ear

"I love you too" I said back

When the limo came to a stop I got off him and looked up.

"where here" he said opening the door.

We both got out and there were people going in. A few people came with dates and some with friends. I grabbed Kayden hand and we went inside. There was music playing and lights flashing. It's nice inside and a lot of people. I just hope to see Paige.

"These girls have nice dresses" I said looking around

"I think your the most beautiful girl here"

I smiled "Thank you Kayden. Your the best looking boy here"

He laughed "I know but thanks"

I walked over seeing Paige talking to I'm guessing her date. She looked really pretty and her hair was actually out and down. I got closer to her as Kayden was behind me saying hi to people he knew.