Chapter 20

~What if he's not playing you ? What if everything he tells you is true? You so used to a Fuck nigga , you can't recognize a REAL nigga ~

*Brooklynn*

I walked through the crowded hallways for school. It was a lot going on because we had to take graduation picture and stuff like buy our year books. I want a year book. Despite everything I went through I feel like I couldn't get through it without God.

"Hey brook"

I looked over to see Paige with this boy

"Hey Paige" I grabbed my books out

"I'll see you at lunch" she said before leaving

What was that about ?

I closed my locker and walked to English class. I sat in the back and completed the work that was on the board. Our teacher wasn't here so we had a lot of work to do. Kayden came in pretty late and he looked ..... high. His eyes were red and low. I hope he hasn't been smoking.

"Kayden ....are you okay?" The teacher asked putting a hand on his shoulder

He nodded and put his head down. I went back to my work and tried to just keep my mind away from stuff. him, away from our kiss, my mom, Braylenn, college ... everything.

"Ms.troyer can I use the bathroom?" The girl Cheyenne asked

"Yes you may" she confirmed

Cheyenne got up and her eyes landed on me. She swiftly flipped her hair behind her shoulder and rolled her eyes at me. I could care less what she had against me but I'm not her little punk. I rolled my eyes back then looked away. I heard the door shut and the class remained silent.

"Okay class... your seniors and will be graduating in a few days. now's the time to pass your classes and apply for colleges if your thinking about it"

Everyone nodded and some just didn't care. I did so I paid close attention. Ms. troyer was always my favorite teacher, no matter what she made sure I was focused so I could pass. I finished my work and just put my pencil down.

"Your done Ms.Jones?" She asked

"Yes" I said

She tapped her pin on my desk "Can you help any one that needs help? Since your done"

I sighed and nodded . She walked away leaving me there really not wanting to. I got up and walked around the class looking for any one who needed help. A lot of the girls just looked at me disgusted and most was doing it themselves. I went over to Kayden who looked distant from his work. Like he was thinking of something.

"Kayden. Do you need help?" I asked.

He looked up at me at me for awhile "Y-yeah."

I sat next to him and looked at his work. He only did 1-7 and they were all wrong. I looked at him with concern in my eyes.

"Are you okay Kayden?" I asked staring into his blood shot eyes

"I'm fine" he mumbled looked down at the paper

"You don't seem fine. Are you high?"

He laughed a little "Naaahhh..." he seemed high "I'm Aight"

"Did you by any chance smoke weed before you came to school?"

"Just ....a little" he emphasized with his thumb and index finger

"Yeah ... a little" I sarcastically stated as I rolled my eyes in the process "Do your work if you wanna pass"