Chapter 4

Brooklynn in picture above
*Brooklynn*

Kayden and I have grown close over the past three months. I like him but I will never show it. Why does he like me anyway I'm ugly. I walked downstairs and Braylenn and my mom was laughing at a movie. I walked into the kitchen trying my best to ignore them.

"Where are you going?" She noticed me slipping on my sneakers

"Out" I simply said

"Don't get smart with me young lady ! Keep being smart and you won't have no where to live"

"sorry" I said before walking out. The cool breeze hit me and I felt better since I was out that devils house. I just wanna take a walk and clear all my thoughts. Honestly I wanna get away from earth, somewhere far. I walked to the park and sat on the bench. If only people knew what I go through....

"Brooklynn" I looked up and seen Kayden. He was holding a little girls hand and she was so pretty.

"hey Kayden" I said looking at him

"Go play Kalani" the little girl ran off "You okay?"

He sat near me and I could feel the radiation from his body "I'm fine" I smiled and it wasn't sincere

"You sure?"

I nodded and smiled faintly

"When's the last time you got in the pool?"

"Mhm... maybe a few months ago"

"My mom's having a few people over tomorrow and we have an indoor pool. You wanna come?"

I looked down and sighed. Do I ?

"Sure" I said lowly "What time?"

"2:00 I'll pick you up"

"Okay"

He pulled out a skinny blunt. I stared as he lit it up while it was in his mouth. He put the lighter back in his pocket and realised the smoke from his mouth. He looked at me and put the blunt my way.

"No thanks" I said looking back forward

"I love getting high. Stress reliever basically"

"Its not good for you"

"One quick puff and you wouldn't be saying that for long. I'm not addicted but I do smoke marijuana every once in awhile"

"I hate guys that smoke" I said

He laughed a little "I'm gonna stop smoking now"

"The immediate effects of taking marijuana include rapid heart beat, disorientation, lack of physical coordination, often followed by depression or sleepiness. Some people who use it suffer panic attacks or anxiety"

"I don't do this shit all day everyday. Just sometimes when I feel like getting high"

"Try to go without smoking it. Whatever the purpose is it doesn't matter. You shouldn't do it at all. That's illegal to"

He nodded and threw his blunt down. He stomped on it and the fire went out.

"Since you teach me math, how about I teach you how to get out more"

"Correct me if I'm wrong but I am out right?"

"Well your not wrong cause I didn't explain what I mean by 'out' like going to the carnival, beach, movies, mall etc"

"I have a strict as- strict mom"

"You don't curse or something" he frowned

"No."