Chapter 21

*Brooklynn*
3 weeks later

Today I'm supposed to be getting my dress and heels for graduation which is in a week and I can't wait. I already know how my hairs gonna be and who's gonna do my make up. I grabbed my sandles and put them on then went downstairs.

"Are you ready Brooklynn?" Aunt Sandra asked

I nodded and walked outside. It was hot out and people were out. I got in the car and waited.

*

I looked at this cute long dress that was strapless and had diamonds on the top part. The price was $600. Yeah not getting that. It isn't even that cute. I looked around as my aunt talked to the lady. I'm not going all out for this but I wanna slay. I guess that's how they say it.

"How about this one?"

I looked over . Aunt Sandra was holding up a blue dress that was long and had diamonds on it. It's too plain and isn't all that.

I frowned and sighed "I don't like it"

She slumped over and put the dress back "Nothing too expensive Brook. This all has a budget"

"I know" I looked at more dresses on the rack

"Pick something that's not too revealing" she said

And this happens... always protective over me. Like Damn. I looked back at the stuff and rolled my eyes. She didn't catch it cause she just walked away. There was this cute two piece dress that was a evergreen color. It had rhinestones on it and kinda half see-through on the top. $399 dollars. Fuck it. I put it back and walked over to my aunt looking at these ugly dresses.

"Pick something quick Brook. We have to be at the church by 6 and it's going on 5:30"

"Picking a prom dress isn't quick !"

"Or we can come back tomorrow"

I mentally rolled my eyes and huffed "Whatever"

"watch that attitude little girl. Be lucky your getting anything because I have no problem saving my money and picking some old dresses of mine out for you"

I walked out ahead of her. I don't feel like hearing her mouth. We ended up just checking a few more stores then ate at the food court. After talking for awhile we left and headed to the church because they were having a gathering.

*

*

Kayden

I picked out my suit and stuff already. I have to ask Brook to go to prom with me but in the best way. I know she's been waiting for this moment for so long and it's my job to make it memorable for her. I just hope she doesn't get all shy and tense at the moment.

"So man you think of a way to ask her?" My friend Khalil asked me

I took a drag from my blunt and blew it out "Nah. I don't know what I'm gonna do .... shit I've done everything in the book for her"

"Foreal. She really a keeper?"

"Yes. Outta all these girls I've Dated I swear she got me wrapped around her finger. I love her and will do anything for her. Words can't describe how special she is to me"

"Damn my nigga in love !" He laughed "aint seen you like this before"

"Cause it's been a while since I've actually been in a good relationship. She just been different then the others. But deep down she still don't understand how much I love her"