Chapter 22

Read until the end!
India's POV-
Rose text and said she wouldn't be back until the morning. I sighed as I sat back down to do some more studying. I was interrupted by a knock at the door. I opened it to see Brooklyn standing there, his eyes were watering and he had my diary in his hands.

"What are you doing here?" I said as I took my diary out of his hands.
"I guess you can say I told you so." He said as he walked in. I put my diary in my bag and looked back over at brook who was placed on my bed.

"What do you mean? What's the matter?" I asked.
"Soph cheated on me." As soon as he said that I felt so bad for him. I thought that when he broke up with her, I would feel happy that she isn't trying to break up our friendship, but I could see that he was really upset.

He explained the whole story about the bandstand and the text.
"So why did you have my diary?"
"She got it out her bag and threw it at me, I'm sorry that I was angry at you, if I knew she was the one who gave me the page out of your diary, I would have confronted her."
"That's what I come to tell you when you had the page, I knew she had it. She told me that she would make you stay away." He looked at me, confused.
"Long story." I said.

"I should have listened to you muffin."
"It's okay, just please stop calling me that."
"I will when you stop calling me beckham."
"Never."
"I'll just think of a new one then." He smirked. I'm glad we were acting like this again. I missed Brooklyn making fun of me and always be around me. I'm just happy that we have forgot about my diary.

Brooklyn's POV-
Me and India, turned on TV and started to watch MTV. I looked around and saw Indias guitar at the bottom of her bed.
"Do you know what would make me happy?"
"No, what would make you happy?" She answered.
"If you played me something on your guitar."
"I've already told you."
"I know but I really want to hear you play."
"Nooooo."
"One song?"
"Fine." I passed her the guitar.

"This is one of my own songs, it's called outlaws." She put her fingers on the strings and started to strum.

"I took you at your word, when you said you would steal my heart. Yeah this might sound absurd, but would you be my thief, take all of me, every part."

I watched her as she played it with concentration on her face.

"Love love love is my crime. So baby come catch me and let's do the time."

Her voice sounded amazing and I didn't know why she didn't sing to me earlier.

"I think we might be outlaws. I think I might be in love. Cause I'm all out of reasons, like seasons, Winter, summer, fall. They're all washed up. If you're still way over there, maybe slide on in by my side, Cause I'm just an outlaw,
wanted if you want me. I love you everyday and every night."

"And I'm not showing you the rest of song." She said as she put her guitar down.
"Your amazing!" She smiled.
"I'm not that good, I like writing my own songs more than performing songs in the charts."
"Where did you find the inspiration to write that song?"
"Do you want me to be honest?" I nodded.
"Well when you started to date soph, I needed to write all my feelings down. Outlaws means 'to ban or make illegal.' I know it doesn't make sense but I felt like I was banned from seeing you or it was illegal for us to be friends around soph. It's stupid, I know."
"It's not stupid, the songs cool."

"I better be going." I said as I stood up. She hopped off the bed and come to the door with me.
"Thanks for being there do me, your a true friend." I said.
"No problem." She replied. Our eyes connected and it felt like we were the only people in the world. She looked down at my lips and I looked at hers. She was about to kiss me and I was so nervous. We both leaned in and then rose burst through the door making us both jump.
"I cancelled my plans cause I didn't feel well, oh hey Brooklyn."
"I was just leaving, bye." I said as I left the room.

Authors note-
Hey! Here is a new update! I feel so bad for making you believe that they were going to kiss but don't worry, they will kiss very soon:) btw the song that India sung is an actual song. Do any of you know it? If you do comment and I will tell you what it is if you ask me. It's a great song and you should definitely ask me what it is;) don't be a silent reader! Vote and comment. Also, if you have any cute nicknames for India please comment them, I'm looking for them to begin with 'ind' so if I like yours, I will give you credit.
-ASOH❤️😊😂