Chapter 5

India's POV-
I walked back to my room after a hard day of lessons. Earlier, I slipped my number under Brooklyn's door just in case I was out when he come to study. I took my uniform off and put it in the laundry basket. I put on what I wore last night because it wasn't like I was going on a date with Brooklyn. Checked my phone as I sat on my bed waiting for him. I got my Biology books out and my pencil case and put them on the floor. My pencil case was black with white splats on it. My room was white because your not allowed to paint it but I still have pictures up of family and music. My bed covers were black and white checked and it had a white cushion. It felt like I was at home.

"Can I come in?" Brooklyn shouted.
"If you have to." I replied. He walked in with his books and a pencil.
"Look, we don't have to talk or work together. Just work separately and say that we had two different views." I demanded. We started to work and we were sat in silence until he decided to break it.
"How long you been here then?"
"3 years, you will soon learn that I'm in charge of things round here."
"I like your phone case." He said. It was a black and white one. (No way, black and white, never would've guessed😂)
"Thanks my........my mum got it me, last time I saw her."
"When did you last see your mum?"
"Can we stop talking about my mum for one minute?" I yelled.

He put his head down.
"Sorry, something happened yesterday which has played with my emotions."
"Do you want to talk about it? It seems to be making you angry if your bottling it up." He was actually not as horrible as I though he was. He's really caring. My eyes started to water and a tear rolled down my face.
"What's the matter?" He moved my books and sat next to me.
"Nothing, it's nothing." I said. Wow India, cry in front of a boy. Not so important now.
"You've obviously been crying, there is tissues with mascara on in your bin."
"Yesterday, I was late for science because I found out some news. I haven't seen my mum in a while, she never visited me but when she did she would always make up excuses. I hated her. Instead of telling everyone and crying all the time, I decided to become bad because it felt like everyone would pay their attention to me."
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, we got off at the wrong foot, if you do tell me, I won't tell anyone."

Brooklyn's POV-
She carried on telling the story.
"Yesterday, I was leaving to go to science but my councillor took me. She said that my mum had got into a car accident and passes away at the scene of the accident. They told me to go back home but I demanded to carry on my day as normal." I wrapped my arm around her as she cried into my chest.
"I never though you would be the one I told first."
"It's ok, you don't have to act strong anymore."
"It's fine for you though, your Brooklyn Beckham. Your famous. You have a family and celebrity friends to comfort you if any of your family die. I have no other family and my only friend is Rose." I couldn't believe that India had another side to her, a much nicer side than her rude side.

"I'm your friend. So you have one celebrity friend." I reassured her.
"Please don't tell anyone or I will make sure you die." She said. That was the India we knew.
"Ok." She went to the mirror and re applied her makeup.
"We should carry this on tomorrow night." She stuttered.
I got my stuff and sat up.
"Thanks for being here for me Brooklyn."
"No problem India."
"Brooklyn?" She said as I was walking out the door. I turned around.
"Please call me Indie."
"Oh and Indie?" She turned around.
"Yeah?"
"Call me Brook."