Chapter 18

Brooklyn's POV-
Today was Monday so we had school. On the weekend, me and Sophie went to my house for dinner, mum and dad really like Soph but when mum wasn't listening dad told me that he prefers India. Since then, India was always on my mind. I woke jack up because he over slept again.
"Dude, you need to wake up on time." Jack rubbed his eyes and got out of bed.
"I'll try tomorrow, it's hard for me."
"It's not hard for me." I told him. I Checked my lesson plan and sorted out my books.
I got ready for school and knocked on Indias door.

"Come in." Rose shouted.
"Oh hi Brooklyn, Indias just putting in her secret diary, she will be here in a minute." She informed.
I waited for India by the door. She come out while putting her bag on her shoulder.
"Sorry, my pencil case wouldn't fit in." She explained.
"It's fine, I come early anyway."
"So how was dinner?" I knew she would bring it up.
"It was great, mum and dad really like her."
"Cool." She sighed.
We carried on walking to English until Soph walked over.

"Hey brook." She said as she walked in between us.
"Hi Soph." I replied.
"I didn't know you had the same lesson as us, India." Soph exclaimed.
"I've had this lesson with you since the start of school." India didn't look too happy.
"I think I'm going to walk a different way to English today." She looked at me and started to walk away.
"Indie, stay with us." I said.
"Brook, if she wants to walk that way she can, bye India see you in English!" Soph pulled my arm as we carried on walking.

"So can we all sit down and get your books out!" Mrs smith yelled. I got out my books and put them out in front of me. I saw India looking at me but as soon as I looked at her, she put her head back down.

India's POV-
This morning Soph literally pushed me away from brook. I told him she was bad news but he never listened. At the moment, I was writing an paragraph on 'Macbeth'. I knew nothing about Macbeth so I just made up a few facts about the actors and the script.

I looked over at Brooklyn and I couldn't stop thinking about him. His hair always looked perfect and he looked cute when he was trying to figure out an answer. He was so nice around his family and his eyes wer-
"India, I've said your name 3 times now, do you know when the first performance of Macbeth was?" She fired at me.
"I don't know 1945?"
"Wrong, 1611. Pay attention please miss Davies." For the rest of the lesson, I doodled in the back of my book, I never knew English could be this boring.

As soon as the bell rang I picked up my bag and rushed out the classroom, pushing past everyone while doing it.

The lessons finally ended and I went back to my room. Rose was on the bed on the phone to jack.
"Got to go now jack, bye love you." She cut off the phone as i pretended to throw up.
"Pass me a sick bucket." I joked.
"Shut up, just because you can't have Brooklyn."
"Who says I want Brooklyn?"
"You've probably wrote something about him in your diary." I've been keeping my diary since in got here. I wrote all of my feelings, opinions and everything that I had done in that day in it. I went through my bag to find it because I needed to write in it.

"Have you seen my diary?" I asked rose. I started to rummage through my bag. It wasnt there.
"You were putting it in your bag this morning. I haven't seen it since."
My heart sunk, I needed to find it.

Sophie's POV-
Earlier in English...
The bell rang and everyone got up. I was packing away my bag and I turned around and realised that I was the last one in there.
"What's this?" Mrs smith said as she walked over to Indias desk. She picked it up and turned it over. It was a diary. She opened the cover and it was a blank page with 'Indias Secret Diary!' Written on it.
"I can return it." I offered.
"That's so nice of you, Sophie." I took the diary and put it in my bag.