"Sorry about the mess, it takes a lot of energy to unpack," Haven admitted noticing how Bella kept turning her head to look around the room.

"No, it's okay. Don't apologize," Bella's face started to tint red slightly at the thought of the new girl thinking she was judging her house, which she most certainly was not. "I get the whole moving thing, it wasn't too long ago that I moved here to live with my dad from Arizona."

"Oh, we moved from San Francisco. I only have one question that I want to ask you, does the sun ever see the light of day here?"

Bella laughed at Haven's comment. "About twice a year."

Both of the young girls seemed to giggle at the comments made, although Haven really did hope that Bella was joking. She didn't know how she was going to survive in this town if it was true.

"Why did you move anyway?" Bella asked curiously to the girl who was now sitting beside her as they both sat on the sofa which was one of the only pieces of furniture in the room.

Haven sighed at the fact she couldn't give the girl an answer, she didn't know why her parents hadn't told her about the reason they moved yet. It was quite bizarre. "Honestly, I don't really know. I pretty much just got the bomb dropped on me one day when I got home from school."

Bella's eyes widened. "Really? When you got home from school?" When the brunette beside her nodded in conformation she continued, "That's brutal."

"Believe me, I know. It's bad enough that we were moving to another state but the fact that they did it senior year makes this move even worse."

"I had low hopes for this town too but trust me Haven, it's not as bad as you think," Haven rolled her eyes playfully at the brunette's words, "I'm serious!" Bella whined to the girl who was still unconvinced.

"I'm sure you are, who knows maybe the gloominess will grow on me," Haven sarcastically said. Now it was Bella's turn to roll her eyes at the girl beside her.

"Besides, you now know at least one person at school. I presume you are coming to Forks high?"

Haven nodded as an answer with a smile on her face, at least knowing Bella meant that she wouldn't be entirely alone on the first day. That is every kid's worst nightmare. Knowing someone at the high school would at least settle some of Haven's nerves for the first day.

 ---

A beeping sound rang through the ears of Haven Eldridge. She audibly groaned and smacked the bedside table beside her in hopes of hitting the snooze button of her alarm clock. Once the blasted beeping had finally stopped, Haven reluctantly ripped the warm bed covers off her body.

It was her first day at Forks High School and that meant she wanted to make a good impression, it was her senior year after all and it would suck to spend the entirety of the year alone with no friends.

Looking out the window to see no rain pouring from the sky put an immediate smile on the young girl's face, maybe today wasn't going to be a bad day after all.

Haven was quick to dress in black jeans and a grey sweater, although it wasn't raining there was no doubt in Haven's mind that it would be freezing cold. She chucked on her black ankle boots and brushed out her naturally brown, long hair. Looking at herself in the mirror, Haven swiftly put on a layer of concealer to cover her purple dark circles and then layered on a coat of mascara to her eyelashes.

Once she was happy with how she looked, she walked down the stairs with a spring in her step. The day was going well so far, no rain and her appearance was actually cooperating with her this morning.