huntress

Disclaimer; I do not own the Twilight Series, all of those rights go to Stephanie Meyer and the film creators/directors, no copyright is intended. (Also credits to Jeff Davis and MTV as this character and story reflects a few similarities to Allison Argent's plot line, no copyright is intended.)

---

          HUNTRESS

It most definitely came as a shock to Haven Eldridge when her parents announced that they would be moving and uprooting their lives to move to another town in the middle of her senior year.

Now, the move wouldn't have caused Haven as much stress if it was to a desirable location, Haven most likely would have been a fan if their newest living venture had a nice tropical climate, maybe even an interesting new culture but this unfortunately wasn't the case. Her parents chose the location of Forks, Washington. It was completely baffling to Haven that her parents wanted to move there of all places, actually it was surprising to the brunette that anyone would choose to live there.

Considering Forks wasn't located too far away from her hometown of San Francisco, California, anyone would think that the two might have similar weather patterns of constant beating heat, humidity that is everyone with curly hair's worst enemy and a nearly predictable drought every year. This couldn't be further from how Forks really was.

Torrential down pours, cloudy skies and a constant chill was a much more accurate description of the gloomy weather that forever cursed the small Washington town. Along with this came the tiny population, quiet streets and close knit community that had known one another since they were in diapers. It would be an underestimation to say that Haven Eldridge, a girl who was used to huge scale buildings and bustling city life, would stick out like a sore thumb in this town.

But, she didn't really have a choice in the matter. Ultimately it was her parents decision and they had already set this in place, so Haven reluctantly went along to the chilly town.

What frustrated Haven the most wasn't the friends she was leaving behind in San Francisco or the gorgeous climate she would probably never have again, - although this most definitely made her want to throw a few temper tantrums - it was the fact that her mother and father wouldn't elaborate on why the move was happening.

"Change is good, Haven. You are going to love it," was the only response she got when she asked the million dollar question, she never got anything more than that or anything less. It was like her parent's voices were stuck on repeat, always giving her the same answer every time the question left her lips.

The reason for said move was not just for a change of scenery and perspective little to Haven's knowledge. Her mother and father were keeping some pretty dire secrets that were rooted too far into Haven for them to be ignored, especially since they were now taking up residence in a town that was riddled with dangers everywhere you turned.

What Haven discovers about the small town, the inhabitants and herself changes everything for the girl. With secrets getting uncovered, the brunette is going to have to start choosing between the people she loves and the person she is destined to become.

And maybe, just maybe, there might be a certain person that can keep her from losing herself, someone who makes her feel more alive than she has ever felt before.

I can protect myself, Jake. You can't stop me from doing this.

{ new moon }

---