In fact I will not marry you. Salman will come after two months and we both will get married, I thought.

Shahbaz looked at me with a sad look on his face and said,

" Neha... I didn't know that you didn't wanted us to be together. In fact I thought that you also loved me that's why I spoke to Mom about it. Mom really likes you Neha therefore she talked with your parents the same night. You can say it was our bad that even your parents had no issues with it and they agreed to get us get engaged within 2 days. " Shahbaz was saying and I looked into his eyes and saw how honest he was being.

I thought you also loved me... Shahbaz loved me.

I felt guilty for putting him in this condition but it wasn't entirely my fault. It was my parents fault. They should have asked me first before fixing my engagement.

" After I learned that you didn't love me and that you didn't wanted me to marry you, I talked to Mom about it. But just like your parents, my Mom is also adamant on getting me to marry you. I'm sorry Neha... I tried fixing the mess I made but it's not under our control anymore." Shahbaz said looking guilty. 

" It's Okay Shahbaz... I just don't know what to say to you. You are a really good man. There's nothing wrong in marrying you and I'm sure any girl who marries you would be so lucky. But I'm not that girl, I'm sure of it. You are my friend and I've never thought of anything more than that of you.I'm sorry Shahbaz, I understand your feelings but what can I do. I can't do anything to help you."

" So what are we going to do then , Neha? The engagement is within 3 hours. "

" Engagement is not the end of the world Shahbaz ,but I need you to know that this engagement will mean nothing to me. " I said sounding like a bitch even to my ear. Shahbaz looked at me and I could tell he was confused but he didn't say anything and nodded anyways.

I went into my room and locked the door. I looked at the ring in my finger and brushed a finger on it. It was a plain white gold ring with no design. I pecked it and promised to never take it out. Not even today.How I would do that, I had a clear plan in my head.

I went downstairs into the kitchen unnoticed by anyone. There were so many people rushing here and there busy in their chores. I turned on the electric kettle and the water started to boil. Ru qaiya came and said, 

" What are you doing Neha? Do you want tea? Let me make it for you." I dismissed her saying,

" Don't worry. It's not like I'm going to burn myself down. " Ruqaiya smiled nodding and went out of the kitchen.

I took the kettle with boiling hot water and splashed it on my left hand. I felt the sudden burning sensation and gave a loud scream. Suddenly the kitchen was filled with the waiters and the maids coming for my help.I was given the first aid and the burn was a 2nd degree burn. The ring on my finger had also heated up therefore leaving a special ring mark on my engagement finger. The ring was not taken out as it would have caused too much pain unnecessarily.

I was in my room with Aisha and Fatima both talking excitedly together. My hand was covered in ointment but the ring could still be seen. Both Aisha and Fatima forced me into taking a bath and did my hair and makeup and I was ready just on time.

The engagement took place at the exact time it was decided. It was a strange engagement really.An engagement of a girl who was already engaged. The ring that Shahbaz put on my finger was in right hand. The dress I was wearing was apparently my engagement dress but I had also spend my honeymoon in it. I would have really laughed at the situation if it was not me who had to go through all this.