Chapter 10.2

Lorabelle's jaw literally dropped in awe when she finally saw the Monterossa Condominium with her two naked eyes. Hindi niya kasi inaasahan na ganoon iyon kaganda. Nalula talaga siya sa taas niyon. It was a hundred-storey glass building that rose from a cube base before transforming from the twentieth or maybe the thirtieth floor into eight sleek isosceles triangles. It resembled the One World Trade Center in New York.

"Ang ganda!" palatak niya pagkatapos suyurin ng tingin ang buong building.

Her eyes landed at the entrance of the building. She saw Steven standing there while holding an umbrella. It made her paint a secret smile. Ayaw man niyang aminin pero kinilig talaga siya sa pagiging gentleman nito.

Oh, puh-lease, Lorabelle!

She even almost forgot to give her taxi fare to the driver. Mabuti na lang alerto ang binata at ito na mismo ang nag-abot ng pamasahe nang tawagin siya ng driver. What the! When did she start getting an amnesia?

Steven folded the umbrella and handed it to the guard, who paid respect to them, when they finally reached the entrance of the building. At mas lalo pa siyang namangha nang sa wakas ay nakita niya na ang lobby ng building.

The lobby was dripping in gold and busy with brazen patterns. Oozing opulence out of every nook and cranny, the condominium's lobby incorporated all the elegance of European palaces with classic Roman Literature. It bore a cream-and-gold mosaic floor, a huge chandelier hanging on the ceiling, a series of cushy lime-green and gold banquets and fuchsia flowers spilling out from marble troughs.

All in all, she was like walking into Donatella Versace's very own Italian boudoir. Ganyang-ganyan ang hitsura ng mamahaling hotel na napuntahan niya sa France. The condominium was totally impressive!

Well, what could she expect? Napaka-fabulous ng ina ni Steven. Arrian wouldn't go for simple. So natural na sosyal ang lahat ng pag-aari ng mga ito.

"Good evening, Ma'am! Do you have a unit here?" pukaw ng isang boses babae sa tila natutulog niyang diwa.

She could guess that the woman was one of the employees of the condominium. Her uniform could tell. The woman was friendly that she immediately got comfortable with her.

"Ah, hindi, Paula. She's with me," Steven suddenly batted in. Galing ito sa front desk upang kunin ang proximity card.

"Okay, sir," sagot naman ng babae na halata sa ngiti nito ang kilig dahil kinausap ng binata.

"Let's go up, Lora?" he invited her when Paula had finally left.

She just simply replied him with a nod. A feeling of awkwardness wrapped her when Steven grabbed her right hand and guided her toward the elevator. Her knees had slowly gone weak when she felt a thousand bolts of electricity that suddenly connected to her palm.

Sus! Ang OA naman yata ng reaksiyon ng kanyang katawan! As if noon pa siya nahawakan nito. Eh, higit pa nga sa hawak ang nagawa nito sa kanya.

Gusto niyang bawiin ang sariling palad ngunit mahigpit ang pagkakahawak ng binata niyon. Nangangamba rin kasi siya na baka magkaroon siya ng instant haters sa katauhan ng mga admirers nito.

Nakahinga siya ng maluwang nang tuluyang bumukas ang pinto ng elevator sa pag-aakalang bibitawan na nito ang kanyang kamay. Ngunit hindi iyon ginawa ng binata. He was still holding her hand until they reached the one-hundred-fourth floor.

At kagaya ng lobby ay napakaglamoroso rin ang hallway ng palapag kung saan sila huminto. She could hear the tic-tacs of her 3-inch cigarette-heeled sandals as they walked into Steven's unit. Huminto sila sa harap ng pinto na may gold-plated na numerong 1044.