Chapter 9.2

Been waiting for an update? Fret no more because Steven is back on track. I'll start updating this story again alongside with Captain Juan Karlos. So enjoy reading!

Much love,

Lhara McFadden

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lorabelle was able to sleep in the room that was standing in Steven's office in SAM Publishing. Hindi man nito tinanggap ang resignation niya sa trabaho ay hinayaan lang siya nitong matulog pagkatapos ng ilang beses na pagniig nila.

Now, they were both inside his car and he was taking her home. They were caught in between the traffic jam on the road and it was already dark when they passed through it. She suddenly felt cold and realized that it was raining when she looked outside the tinted glass window of the car. The flood on the road also started to appear.

She could feel the awkwardness caused by the silence between them. Mula kasi nang sumakay sila ay isang beses lang ito nagsalita. Noon lang nang sinabi nitong ikabit niya ang seatbelt. But what would they talk about? It would feel more awkward if he would open up about what they did in his office. She wasn't prepared her answers yet.. Ayaw niya ring sundin ang puso niyang umaasa pa rin na magkakabalikan sila.

After a few minutes, the car stopped in front of the gate of their apartment. But the rain was too heavy and she didn't have an umbrella with her. She fished for her phone in her bag. Tatawagan niya sana ang kanyang nanay upang magpasundo ng payong ngunit sa malas ay low-bat iyon. She had no choice but to wait until the rain would stop.

"Lora..."

"H-ha?" She was surprised to suddenly hear his full and baritone voice. Malapit na kasing mapanis ang laway niya dahil sa katahimikang namamayani sa kanila.

"What time is it?" he asked without looking at her.

He looked at his hands on the steering wheel and saw a wristwatch on his left hand. Nakalimutan ba nito na may relo ito o sadyang naghahanap lang ito ng paraan upang magkausap sila? Her lips curved a smile upon thinking about the second idea. She sought for translucency in order for her to clearly see the time on her wristwatch.

"Ah, fifteen minutes na lang para mag-alas-otso."

"I see. Sana pala kumain na tayo bago kita inihatid dito," wika nito at saka lang tumingin sa kanya.

"It's okay. Maaga pa kasi kanina nang umalis tayo sa office. Sa bahay na lang ako kakain," saad niya.

Silence ruled between them again. She might be looking straightly but she could see from her peripheral vision that he was staring at her intently. And that made her pulse beat increase its rhythm. Simula kasi nang may mangyari ulit sa kanila kanina ay parang may napukaw ulit itong damdamin sa kanya kahit sa simpleng pagtitig lang nito.

"Lora..."

"S-steven, b-bakit?"

"Aren't you cold?" She heard him drag in a deep breath.

She caught him staring at her intently when she looked at him. His kind of stare was fuming with desire. His stares sent shivers of desire rippling through her, and she felt her body demanded more of him. Sinalubong niya ang mga mata nito ngunit tila naman pakiramdam niya ay siya ang unti-unting nalulusaw. Oh! But his effect to her body was already that big and her body seemed uncontrollable!

If he would ask her to make love with him in that car, she would definitely say "yes" without any second thoughts. But she tried to calm herself. Nakakahiya naman sa lalaki at baka isipin nito na inaakit niya ito. Siyempre, hindi pwedeng siya ang unang magpahiwatig ng nararamdaman. Gusto niya tuloy matawa sa sariling kapilyahan.

"H-ha? M-medyo giniginaw. Maybe it's the aircon," pagdadahilan niya.

"Oo nga pala." But he only looked at the air condition of the car and didn't even bother to minimize the level of its coolness.

For the third time, there was silence between them. Steven drew in a deep breath twice. She coiled her own arms around her body. Totoo namang giniginaw na siya kasi mas lalo pang lumakas ang buhos ng ulan. Puro tubig ulan na nga lang ang nakikita niya sa paligid.

"Lora..."

"Y-yes?" This time, she felt nervous and her heart was already beating like a bongo drum.

"Can I hold your hand?"

"H-ha?"

"Please? Giniginaw kasi ako. I just want to feel some heat," he said in a begging voice. And her heart was slowly lured by it.

"S-sige." She lifted her left arm offered it to him. "Here's my hand."

And to her surprise, Steven also pulled her right hand. His palms were warm. Hindi niya masabi kung sadyang nilalamig lang ba talaga siya. The only thing that's certain was that her system liked the sensation that was built up by the touch of his hands. Natahimik ulit silang dalawa.

"Lora..." saka ito bumuntong-hininga.

"Yes, Steven?"

"Lora, I wanna hug you. I want to feel the warmth of your body...again."

Without waiting for her response, he gently pulled her closer to him. She didn't feel any hesitation when their bodies were pinned against each other. In fact, nagustuhan niya ang pagkakadikit ng mga iyon. They stayed in that position for a couple of minutes. She couldn't hear anything but the sounds of their breath.

T#x"S