Chapter 1

SIX YEARS AGO...

Everytime our eyes met

This feeling inside me

Is almost more than I can take

Baby when you touch me

I can feel how much you love me

And it just blows me away

I've never been this close to anyone or anything

I can hear your thoughts

                                                              I can see your dreams    

I don't know how you do what you do

I'm so in love with you

It just keeps getting better

I wanna spend the rest of my life

With you by my side

Forever and ever

Every little thing that you do

Baby I'm amazed by you...

Matamang nakatitig si Lorabelle sa limang binata na tumatanghal sa ibabaw ng malapad na entablado na pansamantalang inilagay sa school grounds ng University of Manila. Doon siya kasalukuyang kumukuha ng kursong Bachelor in Elementary Education.

She was watching the "Battle of the Bands" held on its wide ground. The university was celebrating its foundation day during the first week of October and the said event was one of its highlights. Kasalukuyang tumatanghal ang grupong IOU na binubuo ng tatlong Irish exchange students at ng magkapatid na sina James Adam at Steven Monterossa.

The group was the last performer among the ten finalists who made it to the final battle and she was there to support them. Nakatayo siya sa pinakaharap kaya kitang-kita niya ang mga ito.

Steven...

Her heart whispered the name of the group's lead vocalist as its cold and seamless voice was echoing in every corner of the school grounds. The song was called "Amazed" and was popularized by an American country group named Lonestar.

It was IOU's last song and at the same time, their selection for the "country song category". Punum-puno ng emosyon ang bawat pagbuka ng bibig at pagkumpas ng mga kamay nito habang kumakanta. Bukod doon ay panay rin ang tingin nito sa kanya kaya hindi niya napigilan ang makaramdam ng kilig. May tatak ang kanta sa puso niya dahil madalas iyong kantahin ng binata kapag namamasyal sila sa burol na nasa Señora Carmen habang naggigitara ito.

They had a relationship, which started way back their high school days, for four years now. Hindi na iyon lingid sa mga magulang ng binata at wala namang tutol ang mga ito sa kanya sapagka't kilalang-kilala na siya ng mga ito simula pa pagkabata nila.

They were the best of friends despite of their genders and status in life. Naninilbihan ang kanyang mga magulang bilang sakada sa hacienda ng pamilya Monterossa at ang mag-asawang Brian at Arrian ang nagbigay ng scholarship sa kanya kaya siya nakapag-aral sa Maynila.

"And that was IOU, ladies and gentlemen. Let's give a hand to the five gorgeous lads who made it to the final battle." wika ng lalaking host sa naturang  patimpalak. The huge clamor filled the wide ground as the people from the audience were shouting the name of the group. "Meanwhile, let us be entertained by the last year's "Battle of the Band" champion for their song presentation as the judges are still tabulating the scores of our ten finalists."