My breath caught in my throat. No way. Steve? The duck? My arch nemesis? Has a family? Like, kids and everything?

"Quack."

"Hey, I just found it a bit of a shock!" I said in defence.

Rythian interrupted. "If you made a deal with him, and he did it then why on earth is he in a cage?"

Danzo smiled, but dear God it did not look good. Nope. It looked creepy, and sinister, and all things nasty! "Why would I give up such a power?"

"Danzo, get to the point." Rido piped up and stepped forward. "What is the meaning of this?"

"The meaning, Rido, is to recruit a dying but powerful clan."

I blinked in confusion. "Really? Are you serious?"

"Deadly." Danzo confirmed.

I turned to the boys and whispered, "These guys are insane, I see why Kakashi left..."

"QUACK QUACK QUACK!"

I turn to Danzo. "If I agree to join immediately...what will happen?"

"Both you and Rythian will be brought into the base and given residence here. And you shall begin your training started tomorrow." Danzo explained. "If you do not agree then - "

"Some big threat that makes us all pee our pants." I finished and waved him off with a sigh. I turn to look at Steve and freeze.

Big, adorable eyes. A pleading look. Oh no. No. No! NO!

"If you want, I will release the duck and his family." Danzo bribed.

Steve started going off his nut trying to reach Danzo, saying stuff like "she'll never join now". In duck of course, he's not too good at English.

I bite my lip before making one hell of a decision. Oh well, what's the worst that could happen? I take a step forward, pushing past Rido who tried to stop me. "Deal."

"Perfect, you may go and collect any belongings you may think you'll need. But be back here before sunset." Danzo ordered.

"Sure thing." I nodded.

Danzo then went up in a puff of smoke and my blonde friend came tumbling down the stairs. "Guys! They're coming back, hurry!"

My eyes widened and I rushed over to Steve's cage. I fused chakra into my foot before kicking the lock off, and it worked!

"Where's your family?" Rythian asked.

"Quack!"

Rido was already on it! He burst down the door next to ours and came out a few seconds later holding a female duck and three chicks in the other hand, but one was seated quite comfortably on his head. "Let's go."

We all nodded and started making our way up the flight of stairs. Naruto taking the lead, he stopped when we reached the top of the stairs, shushing us or the family of ducks...

I can't believe I'm helping Steve, what has the world come to?

A large group of ANBU members walk calmly by, none of them seeming to notice us. We waited a couple more seconds after they turned the corner to make our move.

A silent as a ninja -cause you know, that is what we are - we made our way down towards the exit. Just after we came out, we noticed another group of ANBU members walking this way so we did whatever group of logical group such as ourselves would do.

No we didn't hide, but that probably would have worked now that I think about it...

Nope.

We did something way cooler.