@Nyhterides - 5Qi

Q1. What inspires you?

Answer: So many things. It could be a song, a word someone's spoken, a quote. Inspiration's all around if you let it be.

Q2. What writing advice do you have for other aspiring authors?

Answer: Ready for a list? Don't give up if it's what you love. I know, it may sound cliché, but that's the truth. You know what they say, 'Try and you might, don't and you won't.' If you need to get better, ask for help, read more, write more, listen to the world around you. Write with the door closed, nothing but you and the thoughts in your head. When you edit make sure there are people close by to see all those nasty errors, you will fix them faster if there is someone looking over your shoulder. If you want to publish, send manuscripts away after they have been polished. Be ready for rejections and a lot of frustration, but don't let it discourage you. If it gets boring or feels like work then it's time to take a break. You think your Muse has died? Resurrect her, do something new, go out, listen to music, get up and DANCE! It's all a part of being an author, rarely easy, but it should be enjoyable.

Q3. Why do you write?

Answer: I write because it's always been a part of me. There are a few people in my family are very creative, we even have a few relatives that are/were artists. I think it's in my DNA. :) Also, if I didn't, the voices inside my head would crack open my skull and climb out (imagine the pandemonium if they were off their leash! :p )

Q4. How did you discover Wattpad?

Answer: Accidentally. When I entered the site I caught myself debating if I should make an account or not. I'm glad I made one. I had writer's block, Wattpad helped me smash it. Two years later, a lot of great friends, great feedback and a lot of weirdness in the chat rooms, I finally took the plunge and published 'Goblin Garden', a poetry book, with a small publishing house in Greece.

Q5. What is the hardest part of writing for you?

Answer: Finding time to write as much as I'd like. Trying to get back onto my train of thought if I am interrupted.

Q6. What is the best thing someone has ever said about your work that helped better you as a writer?

Answer: I'd taken a workshop with Paul Bailey (author of Gabriel's Lament) who said my style of writing reminded him of Poe's. He said I should move away from poetry and start writing dark fiction because I was better at that. A few months later, 'Reasons To Live' and 'Master' came to life. It opened a door for me in terms of trying out different things. Truthful feedback is paramount, and listening to it is a good idea because sometimes others see in you what you do not.

...................................................................................................

Bonus question added. This option was offered to everyone.

#5Qi - August 22, 2015